Push/Pull widget not working for dynamic panels

advanced-prototyping

I have read all of the posts regarding “Push/Pull widget not working for dynamic panels” but I am still stumped by it. Please take a look at the attached prototype. I have assigned “Push/Pull” for all the “open” and “close” actions but when there are only one, it works fine. Once I duplicate the panels, the widgets are not pushed/pulled correctly.
pushPullIssue.rp (1.5 MB)

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
Jenny

Yeah the push/pull feature is kind of fickle. When you have nested dynamic panels, like you have, I’ve never been able to get it to work correctly. So I’m just going to follow to see if someone else has solved this issue.

Hi Jenny,

With the way that dynamic panels behave in Axure RP, a push/pull interaction triggered from within a dynamic panel won’t affect any of the widgets outside of that panel. For your particular file, this means that the outer “Treatment” panels won’t be pushed or pulled when the inner “Crop” panels are expanded or closed.

There is a workaround for this that involves hiding the parent dynamic panel, expanding or closing the inner content, and then showing the parent panel again. This allows the parent panel to adjust to the appropriate size and then push/pull the content outside of itself accordingly, making it appear as if the inner content was actually pushing/pulling the outer content. Jane explains this in more depth in her forum post here:

Note that this workaround won’t work with animations, and that you’ll need to create this sequence of interactions on all of the elements of your nested dynamic panels that are expanding/closing content (e.g. on both the “Crop” panels and the group in their “opened” state). The finished sequence should look something like this:

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions.

closed #4

unlisted #5