Ability to Break Away All Masters On A Given Page

Is there a way to break away all masters on a given page aside from finding each one and right-clicking the master element to break away? If not, that would be super useful. Or am I missing any option or feature that already solves this problem?

Scenario: Our UX workflow involves keeping past iterations of pages in the same document in a folder titled “Past Iterations”, or “Old Versions” or something to that effect. So we can reference what the page looked like at various stages.

I love using Masters except it creates a problem where I’ve used them on old iterations, and then need to revise the master. I don’t want it to update on the old pages. I’ve considered just creating a duplicate new master every time, but that gets clunky with lots of old masters to manage. A page option to break away all masters on the page would be useful.

Hi Andrea,

If you want to break away all masters on the page, then you can multi-select or drag to select them all on the canvas, right-click the selection, and choose “Break Away”. If the masters aren’t all within easy selection reach of each other, then you can open the Outline pane, set the filter to only show masters, and select everything in the Outline pane and use right-click > “Break Away”.

Perfect. Never thought to try the right click &break away from the outline pane. Thank you!!

closed #4