Add Plugin to Password Page

Hey all,

Our team uses GA to track engagement of our prototypes but I’ve found that when incorporating a plugin via axshare, the plugins do not render on the password page. Is there a way I can include plugins on the password page?

Thanks!

Hi w00t,

It doesn’t look like there’s a way to add plugin code to the password page for Axure Share password-protected projects, but I’ll be happy to submit this as a feature request to our respective teams.

In the meantime, what may help is to remove the password from the Axure Share project, and instead, create your own customized password page in Axure RP using conditional logic and variables. We have a similar tutorial for this, here:

https://www.axure.com/support/training/account-login-tutorial

Creating your own customized password page should allow the plugin code to run on the page, while ensuring that your project stays password-protected.

Hope this helps!

Sorry for the late reply. Interesting workaround!

Is there a way to completely hide the left panel until valid login when using this workaround and publishing to Axshare?

Hmm, if you want to hide the sidebar on your custom password page, then you can link directly to it by stripping off the extra information in the URL and using [[pagename]].html. Here’s an example:

https://123ABC.axshare.com/home.html

That should load the page with the sidebar closed. You can then use the Open Link action to open a link to an external URL, where you would then paste the URL of the page that you want to open with its sidebar information included (which can be grabbed by opening that page with the sidebar open). Here’s an example which would open “Page 1” with the sidebar open to the “Pages” tab:

https://123ABC.axshare.com/#g=1&p=page_1

Hopefully that helps!

Hi Alyssa, unfortunately, a viewer could simply remove the “home.html” and bypass our password page. Unless I am missing something?

Hmmm… If you put your custom password page within the same prototype that you’re password protecting, then yes they’d be able to change the URL to see the whole project with the sidebar. If you upload your custom password prototype to a separate ID and have that page link to your project only if the correct password is submitted, then that could help with the URL-changing aspect of the workaround since there wouldn’t be anything else to see even if they expose the sidebar (though the main project would still not have a password).

You could also try using a global variable and conditions to control whether the other pages can be viewed before the user has visited and provided correct input on the password page. For example, OnPageLoad of your other pages, you could try something like this:

OnPageLoad:
If value of global variable [[OnLoadVariable]] does not equal [[CorrectPWProvided]]
–Open link to [[123ABC.axshare.com/passwordpage.html]] in New Tab/Window
–Close Current Window

And then on the password page, when the user submits the password, set the variable above to the value that you’re checking for OnPageLoad of the other pages, and then link to the landing page. In a quick test on my end it looks like that should keep users from viewing the content on other pages without providing the correct input, since it’ll close the tab and open the password page in a new one without the sidebar. It may be a bit wonky, but hopefully it helps a bit or sparks ideas if you need to have the plugin running on your password page!