Annotating Groups

groups

I was hoping that you would allow me to add annotations to a group. Is this possible? For example if I create a button that contains an Icon I want to annotate the functionality of the button group not the individual parts.

Another scenario is that I might have a submission form with multiple fields and I want to add annotations describing the entire form. If I can group them I can add annotations to the entire group. In Axure 7.0 I have to make a dp out of the group so I can annotate it.

This screws up the prototype just to support annotations. Not ideal… a pain in the butt actually.

Thanks for mentioning this. We’ll take a look at adding notes to groups. It makes sense!

This still issue has not been resolved in version 8, which is a shame.

Rachel - Any movement on this?

Hi jpalay,

Yep, we’ve definitely been evaluating this more. And part of the evaluation now is determining the most effective and intuitive location for the corresponding footnote icons in the generated output. We’re also continuing to gather user feedback on this, and so if you have any additional comments or preferences to speak on, please don’t hesitate to share them!

Hello! I was curious if idea has gained any more traction? I would love to see this functionality within Axure soon!

Bumping this again. It’d be extremely useful for my organization’s custom widget library. Thank you!

I’d also appreciate this feature!

I would love to see this feature too!

So is this possible in Ax9? Please say it is… :pray:

Please make this happen in RP9. There’s still time!
Why is this not a thing, yet?

closed #12

unlisted #13