Application freezes after upgrade

Hi, there!

After upgrading from Axure RP PRO 8.0.0.3366 to 8.1.???, the application freezes at launch.

My error report log from MAC OS 10.11.5, shows the following error:
Axure RP 8(82055) System Policy: deny file-write-create /usr/share/.mono

Thanks a lot!

Best regards.

Hi rorellana,

It sounds like you’re seeing that Axure RP is freezing after a recent update from build 3366. To confirm, are you currently running build 3368 or 3369? You can verify this by going to “Help > About Axure RP”.

Besides the update of Axure RP, do you recall whether there were any other recent changes that occurred on your machine at around the same time that the freezing started? For example, were any other apps updated or installed? Does the freezing issue persist if you reboot your machine?

To verify, are you able to open the Axure RP app, and then it becomes unresponsive after opening a file? If so, is it a specific file that causes the app to freeze, or does it still freeze even if you create a new file?

To help find more clues about the error, would you mind sending a copy of your Axure “logs” folder to support@axure.com? On a Mac, you can find those in “Users/[YourUsername]/Documents/Axure User Data/Axure-8-0/logs”. If you send a zipped copy of that folder then this will allow us to check the most recent error_log files.

In the meantime let us know whether you have questions!

Ok! I’ll send the log files.

Last saturday I’ve opened the old version, and it runs smoothly… I replace the old version with the new one, and it doesn’t start. I can’t access the help menu. The menu appear, but it’s not accessible because the cursor became busy…

It’s possible to download a previous release???

For those of you following along at home, rorellana emailed in with their log files and we were able to take a look and follow up with some troubleshooting questions. If you happen to be experiencing a similar issue with Axure RP freezing or crashing, please feel free to email us at support@axure.com with the build of RP you’re using, your operating system version, and any logs that RP might be generating. You can find those at the following locations:

For Mac: “/Documents/Axure User Data/Axure-8-0/logs”

For Windows: “C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\logs”

Any additional information you can provide, such as a screenshot or video of the behavior or details about any recent updates, will help as well. Thank you!

unlisted #5