Auxre 8 causes high CPU load causing 'kernal_task' to peak up to 800%

Hi there,

I am running Axure 8 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012, 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, 2.3 GHz Intel Core i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, macOS).

Whenever, I run Auxre 8 on my machine it uses up a disproportional amount CPU resources. In addition to that, it will let the kernal_task average over 100%, sometimes it peaks at 800% which will make everything very, very slow.

I closed all other apps to find the culprit but it is Axure 8 that is causing this behaviour.

What can I do to solve this problem? Thank you for your help.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Chris,

It sounds like Axure RP is using a lot of the CPU on your machine. Is this happening while you’re working on on a particular file? If so, could you give us an approximation of the file size in megabytes, the number of pages it has, and roughly the number of widgets it has per page? If the issue doesn’t appear specific to one file, then does it happen in all files (including new files)? Does the CPU seem to spike when carrying out a particular action such as saving or editing a dynamic panel?

Do you have the autosave feature enabled in Axure RP? You can verify this by going to “File > Backup Settings”. If the autosave feature is turned on, would you mind turning it off to see if this affects the CPU issue? If you see that turning off autosaves resolves or improves the CPU issue, then we would recommend updating to build 3318 since it includes optimizations for the autosave feature that should help to improve the issue that you’re seeing. Build 3318 can be downloaded below:

Release Candidate | Axure

If autosaves seem to be contributing to the issue, then hopefully the build above helps!

Same issue here. Autosave turned off/ Seem like zooming is an issue, over 200% makes working with Axure impossible. Axure 8.1.0.3379. MacOs 10.13.6

Hi sadammo,

I’m sorry to hear that. To further diagnose the issue, could you send your file over to support@axure.com so that we can test this on our end? If the file is too large to attach over email, feel free to use a file-sharing service such as Google Drive or Dropbox to share the file. Thanks!

unlisted #5