AxShare Interactive Redline Plugin

Greetings all! Released an update to the tool over the weekend which should resolve all of the issues you’ve shared over the past couple of weeks. For those of you subscribed to @latest, you should see the updates. Otherwise, check out V3.1.0.

A couple of notes:
I’ve added the ability to toggle the artboard concept per some feedback from @mojorisen. That’s handled through a new icon.
As far as white artboards being rendered as transparent - there’s nothing I can do about that @iguy. The problem is how Axure exports white artboards. It doesn’t explicitly define a color so I can’t determine if it’s white because somebody set it to white or because it’s just the default. I’d like the default to be opaque because it abstracts the artboard a bit to that of a less interactive element. If you’d like to have a white artboard, your current options are to set the background color to something slightly less white, set the opacity to slightly less than 1, or to place a white square as the background, the full size of your desired artboard. I know this isn’t great and in the future, I plan to offer some more granular setting to control these things.

As usual, any bugs or feedback, just let me know!

New to Axure RP and love that you have put this tool together. Coming from Xd, this feature was sorely lacking when I first started getting familiar with RP. I was able to install the plugin without much fanfare however, I am not seeing the toggle to disable/hide the plugin when viewing the prototype via the cloud. It’s very helpful for devs but it’s useless for user testing or stakeholder review without being disabled. Has this feature been removed or am I experiencing bug? Also, if it should be there, is there a way to set it to off by default?

@yons thanks for the feedback! This feature should be there, assuming you’re using V2.0.1 and up. If you’re on the latest version, there is a sharing icon in the top right corner. Click that and you should be presented with a modal to select either a developer or business link. Sharing the business link will result in a version without the tool. Is this what you’re seeking?

Hi together,

is it possible in any way to use this feature/plugin also in local html exports?

@Markus I don’t think I’ve specifically reviewed this use case, but I will take a look. If there isn’t an existing option, I’ll open a ticket to track this and get something together. I think this may require a manual editing of the file to include the tool though because I do not have a way to inject this script while you’re exporting those files.

@srm985 thanks for your quick response. Sounds good that is not completly out of question. I’ve already thought that it will not work automatically by exporting the file but to manually integrate it should not be an issue to use this cool feature.

This seems to have stopped working with my specs?

Was there an update that ‘broke’ the plugin?

FYI, Axure now support redlining natively through their inspect feature available on Axure Cloud.

@stratosinteractive do you have an example I might be able to take a look at? What version of Axure are you using? As @Jaewoo mentioned, Axure is starting to roll out an internal instance of a redline tool. I have worked to resolve conflicts between the two tools, but haven’t checked recently, so it’s possible a new conflict has occurred.

I’m sorry -

Id removed the plugin for clients, development - as it would make a blank white screen where the spec should be.
I could replace it if I had an idea of the window that you would be inspecting?
Also - tell me more about the inspect feature! how do I access that @Jaewoo?

@stratosinteractive
The blog post specific to the inspect feature available in Axure Cloud: https://www.axure.com/blog/new-in-axure-cloud-inspect-your-designs

Note: You will need Axure RP 9 to access the Inspect feature.

@srm985 just wanted to ask if the “offline” functionality for exported clickdummies is still an option since the cloud inspector from axure is also available only for uploaded clickdummies to axure cloud?

Thanks. :slight_smile:

@Markus I’m not sure I follow. Could you share some additional details?

No problem, we talked about the functionality on 19. Sept. :wink:

This is the best axure interactive redline plugin.

closed #122