Axure 8 never loads unless I keep deleting settings.bin file

Hi,

I wonder if anybody can please help.

I love Axure 8, but when ever I go to open Axure 8 it will not open.

I have found a workaround, which is to navigate to the folder C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Axure and then delete the settings.bin file in the folder.

This will then work, until I close down Axure, and then if I want to open it again next time then I need to follow the same process and delete the settings.bin file in the above folder.

Does anybody else have this issue, and is there a fix or workaround ?

I am using Windows 7 SP1 Enterprise 64bit, in case this helps. The version of Axure is 8.0.0.3297

Thanks for your time !

Hi davenichols79,

Do you have Axure RP’s proxy settings configured in “Account > Proxy Settings”? If so, it sounds like you’re running into a current known issue with build 3297. This is fixed in the current 3299 release candidate, which you can download here: Release Candidate | Axure.

Alternatively, if you’d rather wait for the next full, non-beta update, simply clearing your proxy settings from Axure RP before closing it should allow it to launch again just fine.

I hope this helps! Please let me know how it goes.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you very much for coming back to me. I did try the account proxy settings, but that never fixed it, however, you are completely correct - since upgrading to the latest release this has corrected the problem.

Thank you Anthony and Axure for fixing the issue on your release !

Hello all:

I am using build 8.1.0.3355 and just ran into the same proxy issue. I’m in Windows 7 on a virtual (Citrix) desktop, and don’t have admin access, so I used the settings.bin deletion fix @davenichols79 mentioned above. (It still works on the newer version :slight_smile:.)

Just wanted to FYI that the issue seems to be back again.

Hi khajer,

This should be fixed in the latest release of RP 8 (build 3366), available from www.axure.com/update or via “Help > Check for Updates” from the main menu. Updating should do the trick, but let me know otherwise!

unlisted #6