Axure 8 print settings not retained so have to reset each time

I have been using Aure for over 4 years now so know my way around.

My new installation of Axure RP 8 does not seem to set the output page size correctly. The reason I know that this is Axure rather than a printer driver is that it is affecting both printing and writing to a PDF file. I have to physically set the page size each time a try and print.

For the PDF, the Adobe PDF Page Size setting is blank. It appears to be clearing this default setting as elsewhere the default displayed is A4.

When I access the printer preferences pop-up it sets the paper size to 56 x 79mm. If I change to A4 and print then everything is great but if I exit the print preferences and return later then it reverts back to the 56 x 79mm.

I was having the same problems with Axure 8 Beta so abandoned using it as I didn’t have the time to figure out what the problem was. Now I have upgraded 7 to 8, I don’t have that luxury so need to find a solution. I should have maybe stuck with 7.0 but thought it was just a Beta bug that would now be sorted.

If anyone else has had this issue or knows of a solution I would be grateful for any help. I have googled around but not found anything.

To confirm, are you on build 3295 of 8.0? Also, what OS are you running? Are you looking at the paper settings in the “File > Paper Size and Settings” dialog and those are what’s not saving, or are you looking elsewhere? Do those settings reset every time you close the dialog, or does it reset after you close a file and open a new one?

I have a similar problem (if not exactly the same).

I am printing to A3 according to Paper Size and Settings, but when the Printer dialog opens is set to “custom size” 302x427mm. Every time I want to print I have to change the Paper Size in the Printer Dialog or the printer won’t print anything (claiming it doesn’t have paper in that size).

It doesn’t matter if the file was already open or I closed it and opened again or if it is a brand new file, Axure tells my printer that the files is not 297x420mm, but 302x427mm. It happens with A4 as well (and probably with any other pre-set size).

I’m on build 3303 of Axure 8.0.

Thank you for the information

unlisted #5