Axure hangs on page checkin

I have 2 projects open.
I’ve imported a page from the source project to the destination project.
I attempt to check the page in.
Axure hangs.
This problem persists after quitting, deleting the local copy, getting the destination project from Axure Share, reimporting and attempting a checkin.

Hmmm, it sounds like there’s one specific page that isn’t able to be checked in. To clarify, when you say that Axure RP hangs, is it freezing and giving you the spinning beachball/loop, or is the checkin process seemingly continuing but never seeming to complete? Does it ever complete, or result in any error messages?

Is the page that’s being checked in very large? Are other pages in the source project and destination project able to be checked in without issues? If just this one page is failing to check in, then would you mind sending over the project ID and the exported .rp file (“File > Export Team Project to File”) for the project that can’t check in to support@axure.com so that we can take a closer look?

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the reply. Sorry for the delay. In answer to your question, the checkin process hangs and never completes. There’s no error message in the UI. I didn’t check the log.

There are no problems checking in/ out, or adding new pages. This page was migrated from another project, so it didn’t present a problem until it was imported into the project with the problem.

The problem page is at the bottom of the Pages panel, in the “Role Assignment” folder (CII Expert Assignment_R5.

I made a new page (below - “CII Copy”), and copied and pasted the elements from the original page. That page exhibits the same problem.

Kiernan

How do I send the RP file to you?

Hmm, so it sounds like specific content on this one page is causing the hang, even when the elements are pasted to a new page. If you’re able to export the .rp file (“File > Export Team Project to File”), then you can email it to us at support@axure.com so that we can assist via email. To help check for errors, if you’re also able to send the Axure Share ID of the project that can’t check the page in, as well as any Axure RP logs, then that would help to verify what errors, if any, are occurring when the checkin hangs. We’d want to take a look at both the error_log and post_log files that have been generated, which can be found below:

Mac:
Documents/Axure User Data/Axure-RP-8-0/logs

Windows:
C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0\logs

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Hi all,

Quick update about this ticket: the user goborobo1 followed up with us via email at the help desk and we found that the hanging check-in might’ve been attributed to a particularly image-heavy page. Optimizing those images reduced the weight significantly. And we’ll update this thread with any followup findings from that test. Thnx!

unlisted #6