Axure Lagging Issues

I’m a heavy user of axure. Project consist of 100+ pages and also a lot of dynamic panels. My current project is now 70mb. and I’m using an hp laptop i7 7th gen and a GTX1050 Nvdia. Pretty strong, but still axure is lagging. I already prioritize axure in my nvdia and processor as well but still it doesnt solve a thing. the problem always occurs on the pages side where I switch from 1page to another. the cursor suddenly stops and does not respond for 2 min. for the time being I tried to use other application like chrome and it doesn’t affect a thing. it run smoothly. I also monitored the RAM usage, I have 8 gb of ram and it olny consumes 5gb, Axure,Chrome,spotify and Dropbox. thats all. I hope you can replicate and solve my problem. after all this is a big hindrance for all of us. specially if the user is a rapid prototyper. Thanks alot!

Hi jess,

I’m sorry to hear about the lag. I’m guessing it is slow to switch from and to pages that are especially content-heavy. When working with heavy pages. our general recommendation is to split up those pages into several, smaller pages and dynamically link them together where it makes sense for your project. This should alleviate some of the lag you are experiencing when working with bigger pages. And while this isn’t a hard rule, we generally recommend keeping the widget count on a single page at or below 500 widgets, 40 dynamic panels (or 100 panel states), and 1 to 2 repeaters per page. I realize it may not be feasible or possible to make these changes to your project at this stage, but hopefully this helps as a general guideline for future projects.

If you’d like, I’ll be happy to assist in optimizing your prototype wherever possible, if you’re able to post your RP file here. If the file contains proprietary information, you can send that over to support@axure.com, and someone from our support team should reach out through that channel. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this info Jane! I’ll Try to Implement your suggestion in my next projects. but dont you think it will cost more loading time if my pages keeps on loading because of the redirection per process? if Ill devide my 1 page into smaller bits, I can see that its lag free but the page will load every time it switch pages. I can only visualize it, but is it ok? what’s the pros and cons of this approach?

Hi jess,

Separating any content-heavy pages to smaller pages should ensure that there is less lag when switching to those pages in Axure RP. If you were seeing a 20 second lag when trying to open a content-heavy page, for example, this should help to alleviate some of the waiting you experience if you were to divide the content heavy page into another page. Redirecting should not effect page switching in Axure RP, though this may effect the loading time of the page in the browser. The cons of separating your pages would be that you would need to backtrack/reorganize your pages a bit to ensure that the interactivity you built works with the separated content.

For more information about potential lag triggers and solutions in Axure RP, here is a post by one of our developers who goes into more detail about this:

Hopefully this helps!

unlisted #5