Axure Preview Links Not Working

When using the preview link for projects I have noticed the page will not load. The url will have the page name appended however no page is shown as selected on the left navigation. If I click on the page I had open in my RP file when I clicked the preview button the page will then load and display. If I click any other page in the navigation it will not load and will show an empty white screen. The page selection in the left navigation will not update either. I have to open each page in axure and open the preview link for each page separately to view them. This is when running the latest version of Axure and Chrome.

Hello!

Hmm, do you have all of your pages marked to generate in the HTML settings? If you go to “Publish > Generate HTML > Pages”, you can verify that either all are selected or that the “Generate all pages” checkbox is enabled. Does that do the trick or do you still get the blank pages in preview after that?

If you continue to see the error, could you confirm whether you see the same issue in the local generated HTML and published prototype on Axure Share? If the issue only seems to occur in preview (in all browsers and for all files) then you’ll want to check that nothing is blocking Axure RP from generating a preview on localhost at 127.0.0.1, such as proxies or firewalls.

Hopefully that helps!

Hi, I was not able to reproduce the issue using the HTML files or using any axshare links. However I do have specific pages checked to display for the preview. When I check show all pages the preview works fine. Once I uncheck that and specify certain pages to preview I still run into this issue. The pages I am trying to preview are checked to display and are shown in the left navigation, but again when I click on them nothing loads and I am shown a blank white screen.

Hmm, how odd! Is the issue only happening with the current file, or do you get the same behavior if you create a new file and drop a few widgets into it, and preview? If you’re only getting the issue in this specific file, then would you mind either attaching it here or emailing it (support@axure.com) so that we can take a closer look at what’s going on in the file?

I created a new file and didn’t experience this issue immediately but when I made it more closely imitate my current project I started experiencing the same issue. I attached a demo rp file with some widgets to demonstrate. I essentially have a v1, v2, v3, etc folder with subfolders and pages for specific features. The subfolders and page names are all the same since each new version folder is just a duplicate off the most recent and then changes are made. I then hide all of the previous version folders and their contents to only show the latest version. This is when I experience the issue. It seems like it may have something to do with the number of folders, subfolders and pages because when I deleted all my previous version folders and only left one I didn’t experience the issue.

example.rp (918.0 KB)

Thanks for taking a look into this. I wanted to let you know I will be out of the office for the next couple weeks with limited access to the internet. So if my responses become slightly more delayed that is the reason. Appreciate your help again!

Hello!

Thanks for attaching your file! I took a look on our end, and I was able to reproduce the issue that you’re seeing in preview even when creating a brand new HTML generator. It looks like this is a preview-specific bug that involves duplicate page names. I see on our end when not all pages are selected, that only the first set of generated pages will render when clicked in the sidebar; it looks like all the others with the same names that get generated in subfolders after those won’t consistently open. I’ll go ahead and file this on our end for closer investigation, but in the meantime it looks like generating local HTML instead of previewing, or renaming the pages to give them unique names should help.

Thank you! I’ll go ahead and use custom names in the meantime but would appreciate any updates you might have around this as time goes on. Thanks again for your help! :slight_smile:

I am able to preview my file on one computer but not on another. Is there something wrong with permissions?

Hi wcroce,

The issue may be from permissions or security settings (e.g. proxy, antivirus/malware software). To further troubleshoot the issue, could you email support@axure.com with a screenshot of what you see when you try to preview? Please also let us know the browser you’re using to preview, whether this happens in all browsers, and whether you’re on a Windows or Mac machine. Thanks!

unlisted #10