Axure RP 8 - Extreme lag / Mac spinner constantly displaying

Hello,

I’ve been working on a project for the last couple of days and when I started working on it Axure was acting perfectly normally but as the project increased in complexity it’s becoming impossible to work on it (I’m not using dynamic panels or repeaters or anything fancy, basically just groups and show/hide interactions).

The mac’s loading spinner is showing up in constantly in intervals of 5-10 seconds and lagging. It seems to happen especially when I scroll through options either in the cases dialog box or on the main window with all my design elements.

I’m running macOS 10.12.6 Sierra on MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports), processor 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5, memory 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3, gfx Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB.

How can I troubeshoot what’s going on here?

It’s impossible to work like this.

Thank you!

Does the software have some issue with PNG? I just tried to import a PNG that I had captured with the built-in Mac’s screenshot tool and it wasn’t displaying, had to convert it to JPG in order to see it. I have other PNGs included on the project file that I created in this fashion and although they are displaying correctly I’m wondering if they might be behind the performance issues.

Hi maccoutinho,

It sounds like you started experiencing this slowness with your project only recently–is this right? To gather some more information about this issue, I’d like to ask you a few troubleshooting questions:

1. What build of Axure RP are you currently using? You can check this by going to “Help > About Axure RP” in the menu.

2. Are you seeing this issue with any other projects, or only when working with this particular project?

3. Would you happen to be aware of any significant changes that might have been made to your project, Axure RP, or to your computer since this started happening?

As for the PNG issue, we haven’t seen any recent reports of problems with PNGs specifically. Are you seeing this issue in the same project you’re experiencing the performance issues with? Are only certain PNGs being affected?

If this slowness seems to be specific to one project, please send us a copy of your project’s RP file along with the answers to these questions in an email to support@axure.com–we’ll be able to troubleshoot further through that channel. Thank you!

Might not be related to this issue, but since this fall, I’ve noticed that some of my prototypes are awfully slow / lagging. I’ve recently opened a couple of prototypes that I created in the past year and they use to work smoothly and now they’re extremely slow to load, and when it loads, it loads in “chunks”… I don’t know what could be causing this issue since like I said, the interactions used to be perfectly smooth.

[I’m using Team edition - built version 8.1.0.3366]

Hi C.Power,

Hmm, how big are the files? Are the pages particularly widget-heavy? If you have a large amount of widgets, dynamic panels, and repeaters on your page, then this may affect performance in both the .rp file and in the browser. If you feel the file is unusually slow, then please post the .rp file here for me to test. If you’d rather keep the file private, please email that to support@axure.com and someone from our support team will continue troubleshooting with you through there. Ty!

unlisted #7