Axure trial - all built prototypes corrupted

Hi,

I’m testing Axure with the latest trail version and ran into some issues opening files. After I saved a prototype file and closed axure I’m not able to reopening those files again. I only get a message “… the document did not open…” “…please try to recover from backup…” which also does not work for me. I already tried on two different macs.

Any advice how to recover those files properly?

I would like to use axure team for the company I’m working for. I am still interested, but this problem prevents me from evaluating this software.

I am discovering the same type of problems.
After saving the file and closing axure, I try to open the file again and receive an error message.
I hope the Axure team can fix it, because I really think it is a great software.
But not being able to save a file and open it again makes it impossible to use Axure.

For those following along at home, kineoid wrote in to our help desk and we worked with their team to investigate an issue that seems to affect multiple machines in their environment. For this specific issue, it sounds like something specific to the machines in that environment was causing data loss from both saved .rp files and the autosaved backups. If anyone is running into similar issues, you’ll want to ensure that you’ve whitelisted both the save location of your .rp files and the temp directory for Axure RP in any software that is capable of scanning, moving, modifying, or deleting files (such as antivirus scanners, file cleaners, etc…). The temp directories for Axure RP 8 are below:

Mac:

/Users/[USERNAME]/Documents/Axure User Data/Axure-8-0

Windows:

C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Temp\Axure-8-0

Of course, please always feel free to email support@axure.com for assistance. :slight_smile:

unlisted #4