Browsers only partially renders font-styles <RESOLVED>

I hope I can describe this adequately:

I have a text box using a google font, open sans.
It’s styled, say, bold, #f6f6f6, and align left.
This renders correctly in preview, and from local file.

But when I view the same set of files uploaded to the server, the font is correct, but the bold and alignment and colors are not rendered. Even the pt size is wrong, and larger.

Chrome and Safari show the same issue

What am i doing wrong?

Thanks!
John

The first thing I’d check is to see if there’s something missing from your Web Font embedding setup:

Any chance you can share your exact setup (preferably a file showing the issue)? It’s difficult to tell you what you’re doing wrong (if anything) if we don’t know what you’re doing.

Thanks guys. Last night I deleted and re-embedded my webfont for Google’ Open Sans typeface and that seemed to fix it. (Our server is kinda slow on the uptake too so it might’ve been complicit)

Huban and nkrisc appreciate your replies!

Huban,
If you don’t mind me asking:
What do you “keep” in your “CSS_inject” and “JS_inject” embeds?

From this forum, I’m just becoming aware of people like yourself using this sort of approach to do things axure cannot, and also to do things that axure already does but just better in some way. It looks like a “best practice” I should adopt.

Thanks for sharing that screenshot.

I don’t have any “default settings” I always put in there, if that’s what your asking.

To be honest, I don’t really use them anymore. I use DE JONGH.DK’s injection method now whenever I need to use custom javascript: http://dejongh.dk/wiki/doku.php?id=interaction:axure_javascript

And as far as injection being a “best practice”…welllllll…

Remember, the Axure team doesn’t support injection and, while powerful, it can be finicky and tedious to get working. So the "best practice " advice I’d give on the topic is: be sure you actually need to do it. Axure is a prototyping tool, not really a development tool. If you can effectively communicate the requirement or demonstrate the desired behavior by “faking it”, do that and save yourself a lot of time.

Much appreciated, huban.

And thanks for the warning qualifiers.
I work with front end developers at work, and they’re starting to seem friendly to meeting me half way with this attempt at putting just a bit more smarts into my prototypes. (I realize it can be a slippery slope.)

That link looks like the motherlode—going to share it with my dev buddies and see what they say.

Much apprec’ed!
-J

unlisted #8