[Bug?] Readability - Invisible text when edited inside DP

When editing a text in DP, the text gone invisible. That does not happen always.
No dark mode. MACos Mojave 10.14. Latest build.
Font is white, edited in a non-isolated mode, over another DP with a dark background.
When I will click ‘isolate’ I would not see a thing, since it’s white on the isolation default white.
see the attached gif.

not sure if related but that’s a DP inside another DP.
There is another post on the same issue

Cheers.

Iris–

Hi Iris,

Thanks for the report and for the gif. As mentioned in the other forum post you linked to, we haven’t had much luck in reproducing this text-missing-in-DP-editing issue. Are you able to reliably reproduce it? If so, could you try recalling any specific steps you take prior to the issue manifesting? This could be adding a particular widget, editing the text on a widget, switching pages, or anything similar. We’re going to keep trying reproducing the issue on our end, but any additional details you’re able to provide will help!

I tried. I have created a new page, with nested DP. the outer DP had a dark Background, while the inner DP had the text. I added states, switched between them, but failed to reproduce it :frowning:

will try again if it happens.

Iris–

I’ve had this issue. It was related to zoom level. If I reset the zoom to 100%, the issue resolves.

Hi JimJam,

Thanks so much for this additional information! It looks like if the canvas zoom is set to less than or greater than 100% when a widget is placed into a dynamic panel, the text will not be visible when the widget’s editing mode is entered. Changing the zoom percentage to 100% seems to resolve this issue. I’ll be filing a report regarding this issue with our teams to further investigate this issue.

Thanks!

Hey Chelsea.
I had the same issue. could not replicate. Read this thread, but the zoom issue did not appear to fix anything :frowning:

Hi Greenozaur!

Could you tell me more about the steps taken when you experienced this issue at 100% canvas zoom? For example, did you experience this issue while duplicating a dynamic panel state, while placing a new widget into a dynamic panel state, or while doing something else? Are you encountering this issue with one particular file, or is this issue occurring in multiple files?

I can’t remember the steps, but I can tell you as follows:

This happened more the once, even after restarting Axure.
However, In trying to create an .rp file for you guys by importing the page, the issue vanished: could not reproduced.

Now, I was checking the original file again (many things already changed there - even the Beta version) - and there is no issue.
So, sorry :sweat:, I can’t even help you with sending a file with the issue.
Well, I guess that if that’s a bug - it will re-appear.

Iris–

Hey Chelsea (@Chelsea_Axure ) - Good news.

The problem happened again, and I managed to reproduce it.
Here is the assumed series of events:

1. I was in 80% zoom
  2. I create a DP from existing widgets - some were headers that contains text (black text on white).
  3. I have copied the first state and renamed it
  4. I switched to next DP state
  5. Tried to edit the text - and voila! - the text becomes white on white.
  6. Switched zoom to 100% - problem solved
  7. Switched to 80% - no issue.
  8. switched to next DP state - same issue again.

Attached a boring gif:

hope that help. If you wish me to create an .rp file - let me know. I was kinda lazy.

Iris

Hi Iris!

Thanks so much for letting me know that you were able to reproduce this issue after returning to 80% zoom and then re-entering the dynamic panel state. I’ll add a note regarding this behavior to our report!