Building Popup Windows

Sorry to ask such a basic question, but it isn’t clear to me how to build popup windows. I’ve gone thru three tutorials and this isn’t mentioned.

Hi DBDUDE. Welcome to the forums!

There’s actually a “Popup Window” option for the “Open Link” action:

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Does the “Left” field have a bug? No matter what value I put in this field the popup always aligns on the left edge of my screen. Top, Width, and Height are working fine for me.

Hi LogCastle,

Hmm, it looks like the Left field is working on my end using Chrome, Safari, and Firefox when opening a popup window. Can you let me know:

1. The version and browser you’re using (and if you’re seeing the same thing in other browsers)

2. The version of Axure RP (e.g. 8.0.0.3308)

3. The version of Mac or Windows you’re running

4. A sample RP file

These should help me to narrow down on the issue. Thank you!

Hello Jane!

I’m a new Axure user (having a blast, thank you!) and am experiencing the same problem of my popup window always appearing on the left edge of the screen. Here’s my stats:

• Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
  • Axure 8.1.0.3372
  • Chrome Version 64.0.3282.186 (Official Build) (32-bit)

I’m using popup.rp (renamed to Popup Demo.rp) Popup.rp (58.1 KB)
that I downloaded from another earlier post in the forums from Alex_Axure. The bug occurs in that file as well as my own.

As LogCastle said, the top, width and height settings work fine. Clicking the Center checkbox overrides the top setting and centers the popup vertically. Should it also center the popup horizontally?

Hey - I figured it out!!

I have two monitors running off my laptop (laptop screen off). I’ve been running Axure on the main screen, but Preview displays on the 2nd monitor. When I move the preview to the main monitor it works just fine!!

(Posting this as a final answer and fair warning to anyone else working on multiple monitors…)

Thanks anyway!

1 Like