Calling on global variables through a global variable?

Help! I am a german student in dire need of some advice on my issue I’ve been stuck on for weeks.

For my project I created 10 items as global variables (Item1, Item2, …).
Now I let Axure pick a random number between 1-10 (stored in global variable “RandomNumber”)
RandomNumber = [[Math.floor(Math.random()*10)+1]]

and add that number to a string creating an existing item-variable to another global variable called “RandomItem”
RandomItem = [["[[Item".concat(RandomNumber)]]]]
–> resulting in e.g.
RandomItem = [[Item2]]

If I then set text of a box called “PrintBox” to RandomItem it will only show the string “[[Item2]]” instead of the global variable (Item2 --> “cool”) it should call on.

I know this sounds super confusing - please check out my sample file. I am super grateful for any tips or help! Or maybe a whole different approach to my case?

GlobalVarIssue.rp (45.5 KB)

@azaella
Not exactly sure what you are expecting as an outcome as you explain the issue you seem to have but not the expected output as an example.
When I print, i do get exactly was I see on screen.
I modified your code a little to display the output in the widget as “Random Item .value” vs what you had as [[item2]] in this case after clicking the button I got “Random Item 5”.
I removed the excess brackets [[ ]] to keep it clean. See image GlobalVarIssue.rp (45.5 KB)
See Video example

IMG_5135

Dear Pierre,

thank you so much for answering! I think something got lost in translation here (probably because of my german english hehe). If you look into my global variables in the original file you see that I would like to see in case of RandomItem = [[Item2]] the box should say “cool”, because in my global variables Item2 is prefilled with “cool”

I am not sure you can choose randomly the value of those multiple variables.