Can co-auhtor edit shared library?

I created a shared library and uploaded it to axshare.
A colleague loaded the library from axshare and can use it.
Can he also edit the library in any way?
His button “edit libary” is inactive.

We had that same issue, we each had to open the library hosted on Axshare as a project if we wanted to edit it. We too missed the Edit Library action so we switched the file location to a creative cloud folder.

Aha I see what you guys mean. If one user creates a library and uploads it to AxShare, another user in that workspace can load the library directly from AxShare. However, loading the library from AxShare doesn’t download the RPLIB file onto the user’s machine so there’s not a local copy of the file for them to edit. This is why you’ve had to have each user download the RPLIB file, edit it, and upload it again.

If more than one person intends to modify the RPLIB file, then you’ll want to use a team library (RPLIBPRJ) instead. A team library should be able to be created using the same method as a regular team project (“Team > Create Team Project from Current File”). When you choose where to store the local copy of your team library, choose to place it in your Libraries folder so that Axure RP can load it into the widget library pane. This way, whenever someone makes a check-in on that team library project, the changes should be reflected in your local copy, which in turn should be reflected in your library pane whenever you restart Axure RP or refresh the library.

Hopefully that helps!

Hi,
Just updated to V8 Beta for the sole reason that we need to collaboratively work on a new library. Due to a strict security policy here, our team project directory is hosted locally on a SVN server and we’ve been using that setup for over a year on all our team project without a problem, until now.
after creating a new repository for it in our SVN, I opened the .rplib file and created a team project out of it where I put the address in the Team Directory field, named it and chose the local directory to be in my Axure > Libraries folder. Worked great until another coworker tried to get the library using the “Get and open team project”. The inline error states “This is not a valid team project location. Please select a new location.” I tried to get and open another team project that’s been there for months and got the same response.
How does one access team projects (.rpprj) or team library files (.rplibprj) on V8 that are located on an SVN server?

Thanks for the post.

I don’t follow.

You said to create a team project and save it to your local Libraries folder. But that doesn’t show up on everyone else’s library. I feel like there were some steps missed.

The only way I got a team member to load the file was to publish the library to Axshare, send him an invite, he then accepts it and loads the library. But the “Edit Library” menu item is deselected and I don’t see any way to download the file so they can edit and update the library.

How does the library I create show up on everyone else’s library? Is there documentation with a step-by-step process?

Hi frankq!

For RPLIB libraries that are hosted at Axure Share, a workspace member can download an editable copy when they log in at share.axure.com, open the workspace, hover over the gear icon along the right-hand side of the project, and select “File + Settings”. You’ll be able to download a copy by clicking the file name on the resulting page. (Team projects on Axure Share do not have an accompanying project file that you can download and edit.) This is certainly one option for multiple users to download, edit, and re-publish to the same library.

Generally speaking, the option “Edit Library” in the Libraries pane is only enabled if the loaded widget library is stored locally on the computer. If a user would like to edit a library, they’ll need to obtain a copy of it. To do that, they can store either a regular RPLIB or a team project library RPLIBPRJ. Once you load either an RPLIB or RPLIBPRJ into Axure RP, the “Edit Library” option will be enabled for it in the Libraries pane.

It sounds like you’re looking to take the route of a team project library (RPLIBPRJ), and you’ve created it already. Now that it’s created, each new co-author will need to retrieve a local copy of the team project via the RP menu “Team > Get and Open Team Project” and select the preferred storage location at that stage. This local copy will have the extension “.rplibprj”, which is the team project library that you can load into an instance of Axure RP in the Libraries pane. Once you make changes to this stored local copy, you can check in the changes via “Team > Check in [Page]”. To retrieve changes from the team directory, select “Team > Get All Changes”. Once you load the RPLIBPRJ into Axure RP, the “Edit Library” option will be enabled. And you can select “Refresh Library” in the Libraries pane to show the latest changes that were retrieved in the team project lib.

The workflow can vary depending on the team, whether everyone needs to be co-authors, etc. We currently do not have a step-by-step tutorial that covers every use case. I’ll be happy to get the ball rolling on that, though. To that end, please let me know the details surrounding your specific team setup, whether all users need to be co-authors of a team project library (RPLIBPRJ), etc.

Hopefully that helps!

closed #7

unlisted #8

archived #9