Can I treat a panel as a lightbox without it closing when user clicks outside of it?

Can I get all the benefits of a lightbox – a 50% black that covers the entire screen, except for the contents of the dynamic panel that is being treated as a lightbox – without the effect where if the user accidentally clicks outside, the panel closes?

I know I can create my own giant 50% black rectangle, but then I need code to figure out how to size it to the larger of my page’s width & height vs. their browser’s width & height, and I probably want to do that on pageResize.

Axure’s “lightbox” offers all of that by magically covering the entire window in 50% black, independent of scrolling, resizing, etc.

Can I get all of that without the added functionality where clicking outside the lightbox panel closes the panel?

Thanks.

You can have a hidden giant 50% black rectangle that dynamically fills the viewport (along with on page resize) using Window.width and Window.height.

Here’s a demo: example-rectangle.rp (52.0 KB)

(BTW note the idea of having the resize operation on an onMove event on a hidden widget called RectangleSizer. This is so that I can have that in one place, called by the button click and the page resize and avoid duplication.)

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.