Changing to the next dynamic panel state and page position

I created a dynamic panel that has a few different states to show the flow of the user interaction. The only problem is that some of the pages are scrollable and the next clickable action (go to next page or state) is at the bottom of the page. When I click the button I get taken to the next page but the position of the page is wrong. I’m all the way at the bottom and have to scroll up to get to the top of the page. Is there a way to make sure that the next page is set to the top not the bottom?

Hi MQtrain,

Welcome to the forums! If I’m understanding correctly, you have a multi-state dynamic panel, and some of its states are scrollable. When you scroll to the bottom of a state and click a button to move to the next state, the next state appears scrolled to the bottom. Is that right?

If possible, would you be able to post your RP file here for me to take a look at? I’m seeing that when switching between dynamic panel states, the switched-to state is always scrolled to the top, and I haven’t been able to reproduce the behavior you’re describing. Getting a look at the RP file will put me in a much stronger position to figure out what might be going on.

If the file contains any sensitive information, feel free to delete or overwrite it before posting. Alternatively, if you’re unable to post the file here at all, would you be able to email it to us at support@axure.com? If you decide to do that instead, please include a link to this forum post in your email. We’ll take a look and get back to you ASAP.

Hi,
I have the same problem. What’s solution?

Thanks!

Hi pk225,

You can use anchors to position the page. Simply drop an element i.e. Hotspot (if you already have an element sitting on top of the page then you can use it as well) and then when the change is triggered, you can use Scroll to Widget (Located under Links) action to reset the position of the page.

Thanks Azrael! That’s what I ended up doing. I realized the issue was my dynamic panels were larger than the viewports and when I scrolled, it hid the top half of the dynamic panels and that’s why I was having issues when I switched between panel states. Using scroll to widget on the main page outside of dynamic panels solved my problems.