CNAME SSL Certificate

With Google Chrome rolling out an update where all sites without an SSL certificate are marked “Not Secure”, is there any way for us to apply a shared SSL certificate to our branded Axshare URLS?

Hi w00t,

As you may have seen, each containing Axure Share workspace includes an option to enable SSL to force HTTPS. This section of our web docs includes a screenshot and a brief description:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/axure-share-security#u34778

Would enabling that option for the workspace help? If you’re looking for something a little different, though, please don’t hesitate to let me know and I can submit a request ticket for review.

Thanks Alex. I was aware of the redirection to the secured Axshare URL, but I was wondering if we’d have the ability to get a shared SSL certificate for our CNAME so we can utilize the SSL along with the benefits of the branding.

https://www.godaddy.com/help/what-is-a-wildcard-ssl-certificate-567

Gotcha–thanks for the link! It currently isn’t possible to use a wildcard SSL cert for the CNAME with Axure Share, but we can definitely understand how that would be a nice improvement. I’ll get this logged with our product team so we can evaluate further. Thank you!

Hey Alex,

Curious to know if there has been any movement on this feature. My team has started using Microsoft Teams for our internal communication. One of the nice features of Teams is that you can create channels which contain quick links to websites. The downside to this is that we cannot add websites that are insecure so given that all our prototypes use/link to our CNAME, these links can’t be included. I know we can use the axshare domain but we have repositories that use the CNAME and it wouldn’t be ideal for our clients to have to relearn links.

Thanks for any info.

Hi w00t,

In the first quarter of 2018, we’re actually switching all AxShare prototypes to use HTTPS, rather than HTTP. With this change, we’re deprecating custom domains (and custom account login pages), since the switch to HTTPS won’t work with custom domains. For users who currently have custom domains pointing to AxShare projects, you’ll be “grandfathered” in, per se, and you’ll get to keep using your custom domain over regular HTTP.

You can read more about the switch to HTTPS and what that means for custom domains here:

Hopefully this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

closed #7

unlisted #8