Context Menu (right click) not showing on Panes that are undocked on second monitor - Mac

Hi Axure Support,

First, thanks for solving the copy/paste issue with the items in the repeater, second, I have another problem for you.

When Panes (Outline, Masters, Pages, etc.) are undocked from the primary interface and moved to a second monitor, the context menu (right click) does not appear for tree-view items.

Repro:

With Pane docked in primary interface:

1. Select item in ‘Pages’ pane, right click, context menu appears:

With Pane undocked in second monitor, same steps as 1, above, but no context menu:

I tested this with all Pane types, Pages, Outline, Notes, Styles, and it’s consistently not working for all.

I’m on a Mac, High Sierra, 10.13.6.

I’d like to say this is a small interaction problem, but it essentially breaks my multi-monitor setup, as I have all panes undocked with only interactions beside my working area, and without access to a context menu for any Pane items, I need to redock the Pane into the primary workspace, make a selection from the context menu, then re-arrange my workspace with undocked panes.

I consider this a huge workflow bottleneck, as I’m working with a large amount of objects/screens in a data-heavy app, and many actions for items in Panes can only be accessed through the context menu.

Thanks very much for your time.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the report. It looks like this has been persistent since Axure RP 8, and our teams are still working out the kinks for the issue. I’ve added this post to the report, but one workaround that may help in the meantime is to disable “Displays have separate Spaces” in Mission Control of your System Preferences. This should allow you to work with the context menu with your pane popped out on a separate monitor.

Hopefully this helps a bit!

Hi Jane, setting the display settings to different spaces worked!

Thanks very much for the reply.

Chris

unlisted #4