Looks like a bug… Worthy of a bug report to email@example.com
But I don’t see the behavior you describe. On Win10, Axure 18.104.22.16831, I tested with latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge browsers, and always get the cursor location relative to the DP (323) in both Preview and Published versions. This is the behavior I expect because the orange dot is inside a dynamic panel (dp) and all widget and cursor locations referred from within a dp are relative to that dp.
What OS, browser, and Axure version are you using? I’m wondering if this is a Mac thing.
I made some additions to your .rp file to help further test this.
- In the upper right, you can always see the live cursor location, relative to the page.
- The dp can be dragged around to test this in other locations on the page.
- I added a blue dot that always shows the x-location relative to the page.
- If this is the data you want to see (in both preview and published versions) then clicking the blue dot should work for you in both.
- If you would rather always see the locations relative to the dp, I suppose you could try using the formula on the blue dot then subtracting the dp.x value. So, [[Cursor.x + DP.x - DP.x]]
- Logically, this makes little sense, but it may be a hack to override this bug.
cursor_pos_question.rp (62.0 KB)