Cursor pos different in preview mode and published site

Hi guys,

In preview mode I get the cursor pos relative to the page and, in published mode, I get it relative to the dynamic panel.

That’s very annoying to test locally complex components with deeply nested DPs.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,
Phil

cursor_pos_question.rp (57.4 KB)

The published version: Axure Cloud Redirect

Looks like a bug… Worthy of a bug report to support@axure.com

But I don’t see the behavior you describe. On Win10, Axure 9.0.0.3731, I tested with latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge browsers, and always get the cursor location relative to the DP (323) in both Preview and Published versions. This is the behavior I expect because the orange dot is inside a dynamic panel (dp) and all widget and cursor locations referred from within a dp are relative to that dp.

What OS, browser, and Axure version are you using? I’m wondering if this is a Mac thing.

I made some additions to your .rp file to help further test this.

• In the upper right, you can always see the live cursor location, relative to the page.
  • The dp can be dragged around to test this in other locations on the page.
  • I added a blue dot that always shows the x-location relative to the page.
    • If this is the data you want to see (in both preview and published versions) then clicking the blue dot should work for you in both.
    • If you would rather always see the locations relative to the dp, I suppose you could try using the formula on the blue dot then subtracting the dp.x value. So, [[Cursor.x + DP.x - DP.x]]
      • Logically, this makes little sense, but it may be a hack to override this bug.

cursor_pos_question.rp (62.0 KB)

1 Like

Many thanks for your time and your advice!

Good guess about “the Mac thing”: I’m a on a Macbook with macOS Big Sur. Not sure it’s the reason because I can’t test it on a PC at the moment. But, if it is, I’ll create a bug report.

At the moment, I still get 2 different positions (see image).

In any case, I’ll post the final result here (if I get the right one of course :slight_smile: ).

Thanks again for your involvement.

Hi @pdcdec,

As @mbc66 pointed out, this behavior does not occur on the latest Axure RP 9 build: 9.0.0.3731. I have tested this on both Mac and Windows.

You can update to the latest build by visiting https://www.axure.com/release-history/rp9.

I just installed the latest RP 9 build and, yes, everything works fine now.

Thank you so much for your responsiveness Adil.

Phil

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.