Date Picker?

rp-7

This suited my needs perfectly too. I didn’t need it to do any further actions/provide calculations, just to simply display the date picker and pop the value into the ‘cell’ when picked for part of my demo. It was exactly what I needed!
Thanks Jeff!

Seriously wish I could thank you more than once. I use this on just about a daily basis and would be lost without it.
So thanks…again.

Does this date picker still work - i couldn’t get it to function…I am using Axure 8. Thanks

Hi, rsmith731. I just downloaded it and it works for me, but it’s so old I wouldn’t have been surprised if it hadn’t. I whipped up this one this evening in Axure 8, which was so much simpler. I haven’t tested it extensively but it seems to work okay and it’s more configurable than the old one. Hope it works for you.

Jeff

date picker Axure 8.rp (73.8 KB)

Thanks so much Jeff!!! This works perfectly!!! :slight_smile: Kudos

Wow, Jeff - that’s a clever use of filtering! (I liked the earlier one that rearranged the columns, too. Cool.)

Here’s one I created a while back. The code isn’t nearly as tidy, but since it doesn’t access the dataset in its repeater (it uses an offset of item.index instead) it’s pretty fast. It also highlights the current day / selected day if either occurs in the current month. The UX is weird for choosing a new year (I challenge anyone to find it), but it’s based on how Android’s date picker does it.

Ah, I gotcha. That’s pretty nice. The real story for me is that it’s possible to put something like this together in an hour or so today. I don’t even remember how long it took me to do the old one but it was much more than that. (I don’t think that whatever version of Axure I was using allowed copying and pasting actions across cases, and if you realized that a widget needed to be inside a panel there was no way to get it there without breaking all the interactions that pointed at it.)

I did find the year selection but never would have if you hadn’t assured me it existed. That is unusual. I’m going to have to start doing that on other Android widgets to see what happens.

J

Thanks for this Jeff, it’s very handy. Are you able to tell me if I can easily change the displayed date from mm/dd/yyyy to dd/mm/yyyy?

Sure. The interaction to put the date in the field is on the widget that you click on, inside the repeater item. (You can’t see the widget since it’s a white rectangle on a white background, but once you go into the repeater item, it’s in the upper left corner of the workspace.) If you look at the interaction, the full date is constructed of three pieces, and you can change the order of those pretty easily.

Jeff

Thanks Jeff, just revisiting this now. I’ve changed it using your suggestion. Many thanks.

I finally found some time to streamline and speed up the date picker I originally created. Instead of using dynamic panels, the calendar is now built on the fly. This means it’s much more responsive and lightweight than the previous version.

It’s created as a master but I’ve found that if I break it away, it stops working. I added a raised event on date selection (so it’s no longer hard coded) to get around the need to break it away so hopefully it’s more flexible now. If you want to use it, don’t forget to also import the styles and variables from the RP file.

desktop date picker.rp (717.9 KB)
mobile date picker.rp (750.6 KB)

Thanks Farmlad! These were working fine couple of days back.
When i tried to use it today its not loading the dates in the calendar initially. But when i advance to the month May, it loads the dates. I guess something is wrong in my system which is why its not fetching the dates for the March and April Month.

Hi Rakesh, I found the problem which was one of the calculations. Here are the updated versions.
desktop date picker.rp (715.0 KB)
mobile date picker.rp (765.5 KB)

Thank You! Works like charm!

New and improved versions attached!

• More code stripped out to reduce size and make even faster
  • Today’s date remains highlighted
  • Dropdown options to select month and year (1901-2100) added
  • Fixed problem with single digit dates
    date pickers 02042018.rp (1.9 MB)

For the “ddmonth” dropdown, in the goback case there is an undefined set text. May be this is the reason, while changing month the dates, days are not getting updated. Please check this.

Thanks for the feedback. I’m in the process of refining the code and making some enhancements but hope to have a new version up by the end of this week. Let me know if you need it sooner and I can upload an interim but working version.

Thanks for the quick response. I appreciate your time and effort. Only one request from me, if you can convert this as a library file and upload here please.

Hi Farmlad,

I forgot to add one more flaw I have identified in the date picker. Once you manually type in the date in the text field the date in the calendar panel is not automatically set to the entered date/month/year.

I must agree that identifying the flaw is easier than doing it, however I just thought of bringing to your notice.

I’ve updated the date pickers and added a new version which won’t let you select a past date. I’ve also included versions for US (MM/DD/YYYY) and international (DD/MM/YYYY) input dates. I’m a designer not a coder so some of the scripting has been a challenge but have tried to streamline it as much as possible. Let me know if you find any other issues.date picker.rplib (2.4 MB)