Designing with data in Axure

Just thought I’d share a couple of forthcoming libraries that I’ve built. Both will be available (for free) in the next few weeks.

Generator creates placeholder content and imagery in your prototypes. Anyone familiar with Craft (for Sketch) or Adobe XD will recognize some of its functionality. Widgets for things like userpics, email addresses, news headlines and photos (definable by keywords) can be dragged directly onto the page and deliver unique results when previewed in the browser.

//youtu.be/afz35XwTIxU

The second library, Connector, uses Google Sheets as a database/CMS. Think of it as Repeaters on steroids. You use it to bring external data into your prototypes then use its widgets to add pagination, filters and basic search engine functionality.

//youtu.be/AMSlbWzojP8

If anyone has any questions about either of these libraries then I’d be happy to answer them here!

Really cool plugin. Now I dont have to waste my time populating dummy data! Goodbye to the placeholder “John Doe”!

This looks awesome, especially the Connector library.
Looking forward to try it out. How will one know when it’s available?

You can send a pm to the creator and he will get back to you.
Right now you can a Beta version of this. This video has featured Beta version.

What gen1n said-- and the full versions will be released next month!

Hi, just letting everyone know that the full versions of these tools are now available to download at the links below:

Generator - Placeholder content engine.

Connector - Back-end database solution.

Included in the .zips are sample .rp files that illustrate how to use the various features. If anything isn’t clear then I’d be happy to answer questions here or through a DM.

Also, thanks to the Axure team for adding these tools to their Widget Library page!

Cheers,

Andrew.

Andrew,

Sicne the usability matters site went dark the connector llibrary no longer works. I assume it’s because the dropbox host for the javascript is no longer active. Do you plan on sharing that back out or can we all safely say Good bye to any of the tools you built?

I hope you consider sharing those out. they were great!!!

Thanks for everything.

• Johann

unlisted #9

closed #10