Discrepancy between local preview and axshare preview

rp-7

Hey,

I have recently noticed a discrepancy between the local rendering of .rp files and the axshare render.

The first file is the one rendered locally, and appears fine. The second is the one rendered by axshare, and there are issues with font spacing, padding of items and various other minor things including the drop shadows.

This is just a very basic example to highlight the issue, but on a complex document there can be lots of mis-alignments and weird looking dropshadows.

Is this a known issue? Could it be looked into? Perhaps it’s a setting somewhere already in Axure that needs to be modified? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dave

Hi Dave,

Would you be able to attach the .rp file for this project? And provide the AxShare URL, too? If that information is private, please feel free to contact us via email, instead, at support@axure.com.

In any case, please also let us know which browser you’re using to view the prototypes. Thanks!

Alex

Any progress on this?

I have the same issue. Tested in Chrome 42, Firefox 36, and IE 10. After looking at the code I was able to determine the problem.

For my case, it has to do with Auto Fit Height. Local Preview it determines the height is 107px but on Axshare it determines it’s 106px. The Local Preview matches what is in the Axure’s canvas (107px).

Hi Joesteinkamp,

Thanks for adding to this thread. We have a similar issue filed with our QA team, and it sounds like you may have encountered something close to it. Here’s the thread where we discuss the issue concerning the auto-width functionality.

To make sure of that, would you mind sharing your RP file with us? A boiled down file that highlights the error would be very helpful, too. Thanks!

Alex

Axure Auto Height Discrepancy.rp (318 KB)

Attached is an example of this issue. In Axure and my local preview ‘Dialog-Content&BG’ is 145px. In AxShare, it’s 142px.

Thanks for including the file. I’ve added it to our QA team’s open case on the issue. In the meantime, unchecking the “Auto Fit Height” option should prevent this discrepancy.

Regards,
Jonathan

I just wanted to say that this problem is still occuring in Axure RP 8, viewing my shared prototype both on Chrome and Safari, I am having issues with all buttons and links that are auto-width, really visible with the hover effect but here are some screenshots:

Hi elainebosse_ux,

Yep, it looks like this is still an ongoing issue. So that I could update the report we have on file, would you be able to post your RP file here? This’ll then allow me to attach it to the report to help our QA/dev team in their investigation. Ty!

unlisted #9