Do Axure Ninjas use JS to display live stock quotes and weather?

Hey Axure Ninjas,
Is it possible to display real-time stock quotes and weather from public sources like yahoo weather and yahoo finance?

I have poked around some threads about injecting JS and am wondering if it might be the way?

Much appreciated!
John

If you’re writing your own JS, then yes, anything is possible. It’s not a question of can it be done, but how hard will it be to do and are you able/willing to do it?

If whatever it is you want to add provides a snippet or iframe that can be embedded, then it’s probably relatively easy. If the service only provides a data feed (for example, JSON or XML) then it’s probably going to be 90% work that doesn’t involve Axure and 10% work that does.

Thanks.

Any chance you can help me make this yahoo url work? I just want to display the current price for the stock (scraping?).
From my research it seems both Yahoo and Google have turned off their API for providing prices?

I know i can leverage this:

Thanks,
John

What’s not working? Is the page not opening on the browser? Or did you want to somehow grab specific data from that page and return it and display it in Axure?

If it’s the latter, it’s enough work that I wouldn’t do it for free with the limited spare time I have :slight_smile: Almost none of the work would be in Axure, it would be an entirely custom coded solution integrated into the Axure prototype.

But there’s a lot of smart people here, maybe someone’s a little more charitable or can think of an easier way to do it.

Hey thanks for the clarification
Any chance you’d be up for doing this for pay?

You can’t do it, if there is no API or any kind of using embed stock charts.

It could be scraped, but doing that reliably for an Axure prototype strikes me as massive overkill.

Sounds interesting but I haven’t got time for that.

Ok thanks for the input guys.

unlisted #10