Download a Widget Library from a Team Project by a Non-Team Member?

Hi Axure Team,

Is it possible to host a widget library on Axshare as a team project and then have a download link which would let non-team members download the widget library?

A couple of the libraries my team supports are needing an update and while we’re doing so we converted them to team projects so we can all contribute and manage changes better. What I’m hoping for is that we can give out the link to the library on axshare and have non-team members be able to download the latest version. Any thoughts on how to accomplish it?

Gary

Hey Gary,

When a team project repository is created in a shared location, it’s stored a little differently than a typical .rp file. Rather than the .rp file, it’s stored as a collection of the various folders and files needed for the team project to work. Because of the structure of the shared repository, users can’t directly download the .rp file from that location. If you want your team to be able to collaborate on an AxShare team project and still allow other users to download the file from the workspace, then you can have your users upload the team project to AxShare via the “Publish to Axure Share” dialog in Axure RP. Checking in changes to a team project will update the team project at the team project’s shared AxShare ID, but uploading through the uploader dialog will publish the file to AxShare in a form that can be downloaded from the project’s “Project Overview” page, at a different AxShare ID. The users downloading the file must be in invited to the workspace where the file gets uploaded.

Hopefully this helps!

Hi Alyssa,

Thanks for the answer. It does help answer the question but it does mean that what I’m trying to accomplish isn’t possible. Were we just hoping there was a way we could share the file via Axshare without having to add people to the workspace. For reference we’ve got about 70k downloads of the widget libraries and just wanted a quicker way of spreading updates.

Ahh, thanks for the info! I can certainly put in a request with the product team so that we can take a look at how it could be easier to share the AxShare libraries in the future.

closed #5

unlisted #6

archived #7