Error loading file when saved as RP 8 format from RP 9 Beta

Luckily, I was able to use the “Recover file from backup…” feature to recover the file in question.

Hi Jaewoo,

Really sorry about that - as you’ve found, the option of saving Axure RP 9 Beta files to Axure RP 8 files currently does not currently work. I’m glad to hear you were able to recover a file from backup, but for anyone running into a similar issue, please hold off on upgrading your major Axure RP 8 projects to the 9 beta. What may be a good idea is to make copies of any 8 files you wish to test in the 9 beta, so there is no chance of overwriting the 8 file.

@Jane_Axure

Can you possibly hide/disable the format selecting option in your next beta release notes? Would suck for other beta users to come across the same issue as I did. Or if left enabled, show a message saying that the feature is currently not working and prevent the user from completing the action when saving.

Hi Jaewoo!

This option will be hidden as of the next build (3616). You can grab the latest build from “Help > Check for Updates” from the main menu, or by grabbing the installer directly from www.axure.com/beta.