Fetching data From Repeater -Dynamically show new widget

repeater-widget

Hello
I could use some help…

I would like to take the text selected from a repeater and show a new widget without additional clicks or dynamically clearing input. The text box is populated with the selection.

Using onTextChange, onFocus on the text box doesn’t work very well, because if the user closes the pop up
and clicks again in the text box to type again, it will trigger the pop up.

Desired behavior

1. Key 95058 address in white text box
  2. select 95058 address from repeater
  3. Pop up opens
  4. User closes box
  5. User can click again in Text box without triggering event.

We are trying to mimic a natural search and return behavior, which doesn’t require anything beyond selecting
the text from the suggestions.

Thanks very much!

sample.rp (307.1 KB)

Hi LBT,

I took a look at your file and it looks like clicking into the text field again will show the popup because selecting the text field will trigger its “OnFocus” event. If you don’t want the popup to appear when the user clicks back into the field, using the “OnKeyUp” event instead should help. The OnKeyUp event fires every time a key is released, so it’ll only fire when the user types.

If you move the cases in the OnFocus event to the OnKeyUp event, the popup will still appear when the correct text is typed in, but won’t reappear when the user clicks back into the text field. You can do this by first selecting the OnKeyUp event from the “Move Events” dropdown and then cutting and pasting the cases from the OnFocus event directly into the new OnKeyUp event:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions or if this wasn’t the behavior you were going for.

closed #3

unlisted #4