File limit on the Enterprise Version Server

advanced-prototyping

Hi there,

actual there is a file limit for AxureShare Prototypes which is 100Mb. The pity is that even a Generator change doesnt make any difference, because the whole rp file is uploaded and the prototype is then generated by the server. (Example: Big RP file but I just need 3 pages of it in my AxureShare Prototype = Doens´t work)

My Question is:
Does the custom server which I can use in the Enterprise Version acts just like that? Or isn´t there a file volumen limit.

I´m glad about any help or input :slight_smile:

Hi blooper,

The size limits for Axure Share Enterprise are the same as public Axure Share, and currently the size limit cannot be increased. I will let our team know that there’s interest in being able to do so, however, so that we can take a look into the possibility. Thanks!

Since my question is about one year old I just wanted to ask, if the situation ist still the same? I know that the size limit has been raised to 400mb, thats a good thing! But some of our prototypes even are above this file size limit and we still like the idea of using the Axure Enterprise Server

Hi blooper!

The file size limit for Axure Share Enterprise defaults to the same as public Axure Share, i.e. currently 400MB, but this setting is configurable. This setting can be configured by your system admin. With that being said, we’d actually recommend keeping the file size at or no greater than 400MB, as surpassing this amount could cause some issues with generation time.

Hello, I am a System Admin for the Axure Share Enterprise. I cannot see where I can change the upload file limit setting in our application. Can you please provide me a how-to article for changing the limit? Currently, our Axure Enterprise is set to 222MB, but we have a user that wishes to exceed that limit, but cannot.

Thanks!

Hello! If you want to configure the size limit for files on your server, then you’ll want to launch the Axure Share Server Manager and click through to the “Axure Share Enterprise Settings” screen. At the bottom of that dialog, under the “Advanced” section, there should be a field for “Maximum File Size”.

As mentioned above, you’ll want to keep in mind that the bigger the file upload, the higher the chances it’ll take longer to generate.

Hopefully that helps!

Hello, thanks Alyssa for your help,
We finally had to chance to set up our own Enterprise Server and tested all the features we need.
We also managed to raise the file size limit. The only problem is that we only managed to rise the size limit to 881 MB. Every other value which is higher is not saved inside the Enterprise settings and the old value is present if you reopen the Setting manager.

Is there any chance to set the maximum file size higher than 881 MB? We defnitly would need this because we have projects which are about 1,6 GB. We are also aware that it will take longer to generate.

Thanks in advance!

HI blooper!

You should be able to go past 881 MB (923795456 bytes) for the max file size limit on Axure Share Enterprise. In my testing, I was able to go up to 2,147,483,647 bytes on my Windows Server 2012 VMs with MySQL 5.7 and 8.0. If you aren’t able to get past 881 MB, could you try doing a refresh on the server to see if that allows the value to update? Our Axure Share team has also let me know that up to certain limits, it’s constrained by the amount of physical memory on the machine, and that this is a limitation of the current version of ASE.

Though you’re able to increase the max file size for projects on ASE, we generally recommend against having project files close to this size (e.g. 1.6 GB), as it may cause potential performance issues, as well as needing a larger generation time. And as such, you may need to change the Generation Time Limit in parallel to increasing the Maximum File Size (in the same Axure Share Server Manager).

Hi Jane,

i think the Generation Time Limit did it. :slight_smile: We finally managed to do an export of a project of the size of around 1.6 GB.
Thanks a lot for your help! The Enterprise version now becomes very valueable for our team.

Greetings