Filter with onclick case on item in the repeater

Can’t figure out how to filter a repeater list by clicking on a specific item (row&column) in that repeater list.
Is this possible ? Any help ?
Thanks.

I’m not sure I follow. Would you mind sketching it out on a napkin or something similar?

Hi johan.haelterman,

Here a sample of filtered repeater:
Preview
filter.rp (942.2 KB)

Regards,
Natalie

@johan.haelterman,

When you are filtering a repeater from within the same repeater, use the syntax of “TargetItem.ColumnName” instead of “Item.ColumnName”.

See this thread: https://forum.axure.com/t/setting-the-a-repeater-filter-within-the-onclick-interaction-event-of-the-same-repeater/31929/2?u=mbc66

Also this reference page: https://www.axure.com/support/training/advanced-repeater-filtering-tutorial

Thanks for your feedback. Interesting stuff.
Your input made me think and search for the ideal solution…

So done it slightly differently though: put a filter widget on top of the column (was the plan anyhow) and with an onclick case within the repeater put the item content in that filter -> it filters automatically on the clicked repeater item.

Today, a colleague asked how to filter a repeater by the cell which has been clicked. It sort of sounds similar to your original post.

Basically, filtering a repeater from within itself seems to be undoable. However, firing an event attached to something that lives outside of that repeater is definitely doable. So I sent repeater data to a global variable then filtered the repeater from outside the repeater using that global variable.

SelfFilter.rp (61.2 KB)

Thanks for your answer.
I figure I kind of had the same solution worked out , but did not include the FIRE ONMOVE statement. What is the meaning of this ?
Thanks for helping me getting smarter in Axure :wink:
Johan

I like putting actions on events that will never ever EVER naturally fire. You can get pretty dang strategic with it

closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.