[Fixed] Hidden status not respected for embedded (nested) masters

bug-report

I’m trying to workaround the inability to set overrides or views on nested masters by using views. I’m using a master for a wizard outline with each of the buttons possible on this master. The buttons are themselves defined as masters with their styles and views set appropriately in the wizard.

There are four types of wizard pages, each with different button combinations so I set up four views with each view hiding (using eyeball in the style tool bar, not the outline tree) the buttons that don’t apply. Some overlay others to be revealed when the other is hidden.

These are hidden (yellow) in the various views when selected in the view bar when editing…however when I preview the page, all nested masters set to hidden are visible. It turns out this applies regardless of views or not, embedded or nested masters seemingly cannot be hidden by property like regular objects.

…unless I’m missing something…in which case please do enlighten me.

Ok, so I did find that I can place and “unplace” objects in different views. Not very discoverable as that has to be done through the context menu, but very cool.

I twigged to it when I started to see controls in red in the Outline…took some playing around with it to find it.

Ok, assigning objects to views is a cool feature…and I could get it all set up in Axure, however when I did the preview it did not work–all objects from all views always showed up, regardless of the effective view I set in the master instance.

Hi blair,

Thanks for bringing these to our attention! I ran some tests here on my end and I’ve filed bugs with our respective teams regarding these two issues:

• Nested hidden Masters aren’t hidden in the output.
  • A nested Master won’t show its subview if the parent Master is also set to a subview.

Also, a quick tip on your earlier comment:

Ok, so I did find that I can place and “unplace” objects in different views. Not very discoverable as that has to be done through the context menu, but very cool.

If you’re in a subview, instead of using the context menu to select “Unplace from view”, you can press the [BACKSPACE]/[DELETE] key to unplace from view also!

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi! These bugs should now be fixed in the latest build of the beta, 3636. You can grab the latest build from the thread below: