Fonts not showing correctly in Axshare

Hi!
I’m very new into prototyping with axure, and I can’t seem to make it work with integrating fonts when I try to publish to axshare. It replaces my fonts with the default fonts. How do I make it work with Axure 7.0 ? I’ve tried copying the fonts to the css file - but maybe I am doing it wrong/following an old manual…

Thanks!

Rikke

I solved it by importing google webfonts. However I would still like to integrate other typografy, than the fonts available at google fonts. Any suggestions as to how to solve that?
:slight_smile:

Hi Rikke,

Glad you managed to get your google fonts configured correctly. Did you use the method described in this thread?

Web fonts & Font Mapping

At the end of the day, this is how you’d use any font. You just need to tell the browser where it can find the particular font in question. You can host the font yourself and then point to it using Axure’s web fonts feature in a similar fashion to what you did with Google Fonts–assuming you have the appropriate license to do so, of course. In other words, the font still needs to be hosted somewhere.

If that isn’t an option, you could convert your text into an image (right-click > “Convert to Image”). The pro is that converting to an image is the best way to minimize rendering differences between browsers and operating systems. The con is that…well…it won’t be text anymore.

Hope this answer helps!

Help needed! I am not able to view web fonts in axshare, although that are already installed on my mac. I can see the corect fonts in axure but not on axshare.

Hi ayesha20,

If I’m understanding correctly, the fonts are showing up correctly on the canvas in Axure RP but not when you view the prototype in your web browser on the same computer. Is that right?

It’s hard to say for sure without seeing the RP file itself, but it sounds like there may be an incomplete or incorrect web font entry or font mapping set up in the file’s HTML generator settings. Try double checking those tabs to make sure that everything is in order, and see if that helps.

If the issue persists, would you be able to post your RP file here for me to look at? Alternatively, if you’re unable to share the file here publicly, could you email it to us at support@axure.com with a link to this forum thread? Getting a firsthand look at the file will put me in a much stronger position to troubleshoot.

Hi,
I have an issue with the font sizes looking different on different machines. I have a colleague who works remotely. We share Axure files. If I open the file she share with me then the font size in the file changes from 13 pts to 15.6 pts. We have tried using Axshare and we are unable to see each others changes too. Please advise.

Hi pt058,

Is there a chance you or your colleague have their DPI settings changed from the default 72 (font size in pixels) to something else? You can access this setting by navigating to “Project > Project Settings”. Having the DPI set to anything other than 72 would affect the font size of the widgets on the canvas, so it’ll help to ensure that you and your colleague have it set to the same value. We recommend setting it to 72 so that what you see in Axure RP is what you see in the browser.

Lmk if that isn’t the case, though!

HI Jane ,

Thanks for your response. My colleague mentioned that they had changed it to 60 dpi in order to be able to generate high quality exports for deliverables. Does changing it to 72 dpi affect the exports?

@Jane_Axure Thanks for your response. My colleague mentioned that they had changed it to 60 dpi in order to be able to generate high quality exports for deliverables. Does changing it to 72 dpi affect the exports?

Hi pt048,

Sorry for the delay! The DPI setting in Axure RP is just a preference for how you want to see your font sizes (13pt = 13px at 72 DPI), and font sizes are converted to pixels by default on generation, so the quality of the export will not change based on changing the DPI in Axure RP. You’ll see that changing the DPI will change the size of the font in Axure RP, but the actual size of the font will stay the same in the generated output.