Generate HTML files with sidebar not showing

I have a prototype that needs to be accessed offline. I’m trying to generate my offline html files with sidebar, but I’ve tried all posible combinations of the radiobutton and none works. I’ve tried with pages open and also with the sidebar minimized, but all of them publish it without the sidebar. When the browser is launched, Chrome prompts me to download an extension, but I cannot download it. My client cannot download any Chrome plugins/extensions due to company policies so therefore neither can I. I’m trying the html files with Safari, and the sidebar is not displayed though.

Sorry, I thought I had an answer for you and then realized I completely misread your post…

There are 2 issues here:

1. Displaying the sidebar in a local prototype

The sidebar should be shown by default as long as you load the correct page. Make sure the browser is loading the root directory or the pages start.html or index.html. As in:

file:///Volumes/files/Projects/HTML%20prototype/
file:///Volumes/files/Projects/HTML%20prototype/index.html
file:///Volumes/files/Projects/HTML%20prototype/start.html

1. The need for the Chrome extension

There’s unfortunately no way round this for local prototypes. The extension is required to counteract Chrome’s in-built security feature that prevents the user running local content that may be malicious. If your client can’t install the extension, you’ll have to run the prototype from Axshare or your own web server. The extension isn’t needed to view online prototypes.

Sidebar not displaying on Axure Share published version

Thanks so much!!! the first answer really helped me. Regarding the second one, I do understand that, but they can’t validate the prototype from Axure share, it must be opened locally… Will have to depend on IE or Safari then.

unlisted #8