Generate Word Specification Window keeps popping up

As I am working in Axure RP 8 Pro Edition, the Generate Word Specification window keeps popping up. When I click the Close or X to try and close the window, it immediately pops up again. After some time, the window does close when pressing the Close or X button.

Hi lmattos,

Hmm, is there a chance you’re pressing the [F9] button (on Windows) or the [Cmd] + [Shift] + [D] hotkey (on Mac) when working in the RP canvas? I ask because those are the RP 8 hotkeys to bring up the Generate Specification dialog when working in Axure RP.

If that doesn’t sound like what’s happening, would you be able to take a short video of the entire Axure RP screen recording this behavior? If you don’t yet have a screen-capturing tool, the Jing application is free and easy to use:

Once I see the video, I should have a better idea of what you’re seeing on your end. Thanks!

Hi Jane,

I’m using a windows computer but I’m not pressing the hotkeys, but the issue seems to happen when I press keys on the keyboard, like Delete, or CTRL+C or CTRL+V, among other combinations.

I was able to grab a short video of the issue, but am not able to attach it to this post. The .mp4 file extension is not supported.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Hi lmattos,

Ah that’s interesting! Is there a chance your keyboard was mapped or configured differently from the original? It sounds like a certain combination of keyboard input is triggering the Word Specification dialog, which would make sense if your [F9] key, for example, was mapped to [Delete], [Ctrl], or something similar.

At any rate, could you email the .mp4 video to support@axure.com? In addition to the video, please also email the .rp file of where you’re running into this issue, and let us know the build of RP 8 you’re using (e.g. 8.1.0.3366) as well as the version of Windows. Someone from our support team will then be able to further troubleshoot with you through that channel. Ty!

Thanks. I’ve sent the email to support@axure.com with the requested information and files.

unlisted #6