Having a hard time getting a droplist to do multiple things

I have been having difficulty using conditional logic to do different things in a droplist through OnSelectionChange.

I basically want to select one option to show/hide a gray box OR I want to select another option that will show a brand new droplist.

Depending on the order of my conditional statements, only one or the other will work.

I am attaching the Axure file, and in it I will show TWO versions of the droplist (to help illustrate what I want). One does one of the things I want the droplist to do, and the other droplist accomplishes the other thing I want it to do, but I want both these things to work inside of ONE droplist.

sample_dropdowns.rp (77.5 KB)

Please let me know if there are any ways of making this work, and I thank anyone who offers help in advance. Thanks!

Hi! I couldn’t quite follow your example, but if you want BOTH conditions to execute, this will NOT work:

IF this
   do one thing
ELSE IF that
   do a different thing

… because only one of the two will execute. The ELSE condition will execute only if the first condition evaluates to false, and if the first condition is true, the statements in the ELSE condition won’t even be looked at.

Instead you need:

IF this
   do one thing
IF that
    do a different thing

…where BOTH conditions will execute if both “this” and “that” are true.

Axure automatically “ELSEs” the second condition. In the Properties pane, you can right-click the ELSE condition and choose “Toggle IF/ELSE IF.” This will turn an ELSE IF into an IF and vice-versa.

Oddly, this is not available in the Case Editor window, where you’d think you could - I don’t know - edit the conditions of your case. :wink:

Also, if you find yourself in a situation where you have something like:

IF True
    Do a thing
IF True
    Do another thing

Then you could just combine them into a single case anyway

IF True
    Do a thing
    Do another thing

As you don’t actually have any conditions in this instance.

Thanks everyone! These are definitely helping.

Though to the second post, I think I do need to split them up, as different things must happen upon the selection change (ie. selecting different options in the droplist do different things from each other).