Horizontal scrolling (while building the wireframe)

Hi,

How can I use my mouse-wheel to scroll horizontally, while building the wireframe (in the RP file).

Vertical scrolling works with the mouse-wheel in the wireframe builder, but for some reason horizontal scrolling doesn’t.

I have tried 4 different mice with horizontal scrolling capability and none of them worked in the wireframe builder.

Note - Horizontal scrolling does work in the published project, but I am specifically asking about using it in the wireframe building process (i.e. the RP file).

Best,
Z

Hi ZKTT,

This sounds like a known bug that was seen in the previous build(s) of RP 8 where horizontal scrolling in the RP canvas didn’t work with the 10.13 OS, but should be fixed in the latest release (3366). As such, could you try updating to the latest build to see if that resolves the issue? You can download build 3366 from www.axure.com/update or via “Help > Check for Updates” from the main menu of Axure RP.

If updating doesn’t do the trick, then please let me know the model of the mouse you’re using, as well as the version of Windows or Mac. Ty!

Hi Jane, I have the latest release (3366) on two Windows 10 PCs.

I have tried to use the (sideways) mouse wheel (for horizontal scrolling) with the following mice (Logitech MX Master 2S and Logitech G700s…). The only way I can currently scroll horizontally in the wireframe building processes is to physical click on the horizontal scroll bar and drag it left or right.

I don’t think there is a problem with the mice because the horizontal scrolling (using the mouse wheel) works in the published project, just not in the wireframe building process (i.e. the RP file).

Best,
Z

Hi ZKTT,

Gotcha, thanks for the update. This then actually looks like another a known issue, but one that hasn’t been fixed yet, where the horizontal scroll wheel on Logitech MX Master Mouse doesn’t work on Windows version of Axure RP, and I’ve added this post to the bug report so our QA team knows other users are running into this issue as well.

As for the Logitech G700s mouse, I’ll see if we have one to test with so I can reproduce it on our end, but I’ve also made a note in the bug report that you’re running into the same issue with this mouse model as well.

Hopefully this helps!

Hi Jane, any update on this item?

Hi ZKTT,

Doesn’t look like this has been fixed yet, but we’ll update this thread when there’s news. :slight_smile:

It looks like it might be an issue with other Logitech mice since mine is an M525 and I’m using a MacBook Pro.

I just want to add my voice to the request for this fix. It is actually quite a tedious problem in combination with Axure’s bad zooming in the workspace.

When the workspace is zoomed in, everything moves up and to the left so I have to scroll up and to the left just to see what I wanted to zoom in on. It’s a chronic waste of time to have to keep scrolling around because the zoom never keeps what I’m working on in view.

It’s also insane because it zooms out down and to the right even when there is no content there (ie. when all the content on the page is in the upper left). Fixing the zoom problem would be greatly appreciated.

Still missing my horizontal scroll in the Axure. Wasn’t fixed in .3375. :frowning:

I’ve got a really old mouse I cart around with me. It only scrolls vertically. I use shift and scroll to scroll horizontally and ctrl and scroll you zoom in and out.

Not ideal, but definitely more convenient than the scroll bars or the zoom on the UI.

I’m on a Mac, by the way.

I use Shift scroll all the time to horizontally scroll and it used to work fantastically up until I upgraded my Mac. Now it doesn’t work at all. :cry:

Hi KavaKiwi,

Hmm, could you let me know the model of the mouse you’re using? I was able to scroll horizontally using the shift scroll hotkey on my Mac running 10.13.4, with and without my mouse, so I’m wondering if the issue is specific to the mouse or the Mac OS. To that end, please also let me know the version of Mac you’re running, as well as the build of RP 8 (e.g. 8.1.0.3372). Ty!

MacBook Pro (15 inch, 2016)
Running MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4
Logitech Mouse M535
RP 8.1.0.3375

Hi KavaKiwi,

Thanks for the info! We don’t have that specific mouse to test with, but I’ll make a note to the report that you’re having the same issue with the Logitech Mouse M535 on 10.13.4.

I’m new to Axure. I’m having difficulty while building the wireframe with object(s) scrolling in and out and about. Checked my mouse sensitivity, batteries,slowed mouse down, and disabled mac mouse preferences. Using RP Enterprise 8.0.0.338 Mac OS 10.12.6 and mac bluetooth mouse. It’s very debilitating.

Hi mg92,

Hmm, that does sound like unexpected behavior. Since it looks like you’re using an older build of Axure RP, could you try updating to the latest build, 8.1.0.3377, to see if this scrolling issue is still present there? You can download the installer for that from our update page https://www.axure.com/update.

If you’re still experiencing this issue while using the newest build, could you describe what you’re seeing in a little more detail? Are you seeing that Axure RP’s is unexpectedly zooming in and out even when you’re not performing any zoom actions? Would you be able to post a video capturing the behavior?

You also mentioned that you were using a bluetooth mouse–which model of mouse would you happen to be using, and does the problem still persist when you disconnect it and use your computer’s native touchpad instead?

Any additional information you can provide about the issue may be able to help with our investigation as well. Thank you!

Thank you Simon. I’ve spoken to some colleagues and using a process of elimination - it’s more then likely the magic mouse. I’ll have my software upgraded and in the meantime I’m getting use to the program and the mouse. The scrolling has been minimized greatly. Thanks again.

Hi mg92,

I’m glad to hear you were able to get to bottom of the issue! If you or anyone else happen to be running into any similar problems with scrolling, feel free to reach out to us at support@axure.com with additional details about the issue.

Sadly, it wasn’t fix in 3381. I’m using Logitech M280, Running MacOS 10.14. Should I buy a new mice?

unlisted #20