Horizontally drag and drop on repeater items

rp-7

Hi!

I am trying to create a prototype where the user can click on different buttons that is then added to a repeater, this part is working flawlessly. However, i thought it would be cool if the added repeater items were drag’n’drop’able?

I found multiple RP projects that accomplish this but they are all vertical, and the repeater items are added by default. Do any of you know how to accomplished this? :slight_smile:

Drag and drop help.rp (65.9 KB)

Hi madsh,

You can create a drag and drop interaction by first converting each of the buttons into dynamic panels (right-click > “Convert to Dynamic Panel”), which will give you access to the various “OnDrag” events that are only available for dynamic panels. We actually have a tutorial that goes over how you can use these OnDrag events together to create this drag and drop interaction:

Axure | Drag and Drop Tutorial

You should be able to adapt this method to work in your own file without having to make too many adjustments, with the most noticeable difference being in Step #4. Instead of hiding the item in this step, you would instead use the “Add Rows” action to add the item to your repeater.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions about the tutorial or if you run into any problems implementing the drag and drop interaction into your own file.

closed #3

unlisted #4