How to change Project ID on Team Project

I need to change a Team Project project id. I started a regular RP file, published it, and later needed to change it to a Team Project file. When I did that, Axure assigned a new project ID that all my team collaborators had access to. The trouble is that I shared out the original URL to many reviewers and stakeholders. My team collaborators are only able to publish to the new URL and not the original URL. This means that I am the only one able to publish any changes, which is unsustainable. How can I either give my team permission to publish to the original project ID (ABCDEF) or change the team project id to the original url?

Thanks for your help!

I don’t think you can update the project id… it is random.

in axshare click your team project and select redirect from the navigation. there you might be able to redirect the old id to the new project.

Thanks for your quick reply.

It’s too bad that Axure doesn’t keep the same Project ID when a file goes from a regular RP to a Team Project. Maybe next release? :slight_smile:

Hi emilyandersn,

It sounds like your collaborators get the error message “You do not have permission to access this prototype” when they try uploading to the original ID from the team project. Is that correct? If that’s the case, I believe you’d be able to invite each of your team members to the Axure Share workspace that contains the original project.

If the Axure Share project is inside your “My Projects” folder, you’ll need to move it into an actual Workspace that’s shareable; that can be created via the “New Folder” button in your Axure Share account. When you click the workspace to edit its settings, click “invite people” to add your existing team members’ email addresses. After they accept the invitation, have your team try uploading from the team project to this original project ID (via “Publish> Publish to Axure Share”).

Here’s a section of our documentation page, in case it helps:

http://www.axure.com/support/reference/axure-share-basics#u36557

Let me know what you find, and I can log any further feature requests on your behalf. Thanks!

Is there a way to reuse existing axshare ID on a new team project? Or turn an existing project into a new team one?

Hi alexdbk,

This isn’t possible right now–existing Axure Share project IDs cannot be repurposed in that manner; unique project IDs will be generated for each new team project.

You can certainly take the .rp file of an existing Axure Share project and convert it to a team project (e.g. “Team > Create Team Project from File”). But the resulting ID for this new team project will be unique and entirely independent from the original project. Nonetheless, I’m going to file both of your requests so we can evaluate further. Please don’t hesitate to share any additional thoughts here or in a Feature Request subforum–thank you!

Alex

closed #7

unlisted #8

archived #9