How to configure "general events" to be used with Fire Event?

advanced-prototyping

Situation: I have a dynamic panel (let’s say it’s a graph on a dashboard), that has a complex series of events configured. I want to trigger this series from various different user actions but NOT from interacting with the dynamic panel itself. I would like to have this series configured in one place so I don’t have to copy paste it everywhere. The KEY here is that I don’t want it to be “On click…” or anything else that the user might accidentally trigger from interacting with the actual object/dynamic panel.

Where can I configure this series of events? Think of functions in basic code: defined only once, can be called anywhere.

The workaround I was thinking about was using a hidden object that had “On click…” where all the events would be configured etc but it feel’s a little unprofessional :slight_smile:

You can use any event that you’re not already using. Is there anything that ever moves the panel? If not, use the OnMove event.

Otherwise there’s nothing wrong with adding an additional widget and using one of its events.

It actually does move, otherwise that would’ve been a safe bet. As we see, every solution is a workaround at best and kinda arbitrary. Some feature that would allow to configure global/general events would be great. One could call them with Fire Event easily.

unlisted #4

closed #5