How to create dynamic indicator?

I created an image carousel with repeater. The repeater displays various number of items in different adaptive views.
I am thinking to create a carousel indicators which can auto generate the dots. Is it possible and can you tell me how to do it? Thanks!!

dynamic_indicator.rp (56.7 KB)

Hi foleyhk!

Rather than using a repeater to generate the dots, I’d recommend just placing a dot or dots in each adaptive view. If you only wanted one dot in the Base/320 view, then you can “unplace” the other three dots in the 768 and 769 views. Unplaced widgets are still on the page, but are just not visible in the current view. You can read more about adaptive views here:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/adaptive-views

Once the widget is unplaced or placed in each adaptive view, you can customize their location, size, and style to how you see fit. I’ve edited your file to demonstrate this. HIH (hope it helps)!

dynamic_indicator_EDIT.rp (67.9 KB)

Hi Jane,
Thank you for your feedback!
Please find attachment for what I meant. I know how to made it with dynamic panel but I’d like to know if it is possible to use repeater instead.

Thanks again for your help!!

dynamic_indicator.rp (69.8 KB)

Hi foleyhk,

Gotcha. If you want to use a repeater, I’d recommend using the “Value” attribute to set the panel state:

Since you want the first dot to set the dynamic panel to the first state, the second dot to set the dynamic panel to the second state, and the third dot to set the dynamic panel to the third state, add a column to the dynamic indicator repeater referencing each of the three states. The names of the states must match the name of the repeater data exactly. That is, if the state of the first dynamic panel was named “moo”, then the first item in the repeater column must also be “moo”, if the state of the second dynamic panel was named “meow”, then the second item in the repeater column must also be “meow”, and if the state of the third dynamic panel was named “ruff”, then the third item in the repeater column must also be “ruff”. Then, set the panel state to the value of the column name, e.g. “[[Item.AnimalSounds]]”.

I’ve re-edited your file to demonstrate this. Hope it helps!

dynamic_indicator_EDIT2.rp (64.6 KB)

Hi Jane, Appreciated for your help and thank you so much for your lesson!