If cursor enters area of widget more than x ms do multiple events

advanced-prototyping

Hi there,

my first question here! :wave:
I referr to a former topic «If cursor enters … than 500ms», which helped me a lot getting to where I wanted to be, but …
… in my case the hoverCounter fires the case 2 two times and I dont know why. I only need him once.
See attached file.
MutlipleEventsAfterTimer.rp (66.7 KB)
Notice the typo «Genre» and «Title» move up twice!

Any ideas?
Gr Ingo

Hi gringoria,

Thanks for posting! I’ve taken a look at your file, and it looks like Case 2 of the “OnMove” event of your “HoverCounter1” widget was firing twice because the second case was set up to be another “If” conditional case, and not an “Else if”.

Because of this, the counter was being added to in the first case, the second case was running (because the counter equalled 1000), and then the “OnMove” event would fire just one time more because the widget had just been moved in Case 1.

Please see the attached copy of your .rp file below with this corrected. To prevent this from happening again, I would recommend double-clicking on the event (i.e. “OnMove”), under the “Properties” tab to create a second case with the “Else if” statement.

Hope this helps, and please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,
Ashley
Axure Customer Support

MutlipleEventsAfterTimer_Copy.rp (66.9 KB)

closed #3

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.