Issue with commenting on prototype

My teammate was trying to add his comments to my prototype but they would appear overlaid across multiple “pages”. When I refer to a page here I mean it was built as a state within a dynamic panel. Is this the case and is it specific to the beta?

2 Likes

Hi pixeler!

Just to confirm, was the teammate adding comments to a project page that with dynamic panel states that contained contents that made the states appear as if they were separate project pages as well? Unfortunately if this is the case, this would be expected behavior as the dynamic panel states are all placed on the same page.

Was this behavior a detriment in that the comment was persisting as other dynamic panel states were viewed, or that the note did not contain the information describing to which dynamic panel state was in view at the time that the comment was made?

Hi Chelsea, that’s correct. They were dynamic panel states which were used as pages.

The issue is that comments are persistent across both panels and states which causes confusion. As to the second issue, referring to an element or area on a specific panel seems a bad workaround. A commenter shouldn’t have to understand a prototype’s states or internal hierarchy to make a comment, right?

3 Likes

Hi pixeler!

Thanks so much for this clarification! I wanted to make sure I understood exactly where the less desirable behavior was occurring, so thank you for letting me know. :slight_smile:

I’ve now filed a feature request regarding comment’s behavior across panels and states with our respective teams on your behalf.

2 Likes

has this been resolved yet? it’s really difficult to understand which state the comment is being made on

2 Likes