Issues with SVN Team Projects and Windows (Macs work)

VisualSVN. The server also runs another Apache server (on the default ports), so the SVN server runs on port 5000. So our repository URL looks like this:

https://serveraddress:5000/svn/axure/

After getting past the learning curve, we’re able to create and upload projects, check in and check out, etc. It works and works well. Unless you’re on Windows (and a couple of our team members are).

The Windows machines can see the repository in a browser. We would allow drive mapping but I did some tests and can’t find a way to safely share a repository folder on the network (via the share feature in Windows) without somehow disabling the same folder as a repository (my test was creating a new repository, testing it with a team project from a Mac, then on the server sharing that folder on the network–this basically killed the folder as an SVN repository).

Can’t figure this one out and I’m hoping someone out there can help. We’ve disabled the computer’s firewall so that’s not it. This is all running on a corporate network but I’m not sure why Axure for Macs would be able to access the repository and Axure for Windows can’t. Help?

Hi Narayan,

Sorry to hear that. Can I assume the team members on Windows machines are getting an error of “can’t connect to server” when trying to get the team project from the SVN repository? If possible, could they take a screenshot of the error message they’re getting in RP? Please also let me know the version of Axure RP everyone on your team is running (e.g. 8.0.0.3323).

As a first step, please see this section from our Team Projects Troubleshooting Guide that lists the steps for this specific error, as well as other good troubleshooting information:

https://www.axure.com/support/reference/troubleshooting-svn-team-projects-errors#u38345

If none of those steps lead to a resolution, let’s try clearing and re-entering the SVN authentication. SVN keeps a cache of the login details at this location:

Windows:
C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Subversion\auth

Go ahead and have everyone on your team on Windows delete the contents of the “auth” folder to clear the cached authentication. Once your team members try getting the team project again (“Team > Get and Open Team Project”), they’ll be prompted to re-enter the authentication details.

Let me know how that works!

closed #3

unlisted #4

archived #5