Keeping .rp files safe from corruption

Does anyone have working methods that might keep .rp files safe from corruption?

I’m having repeated trouble with a file (managed to recover it three times myself before I had to reach out to Axure support). I wondered if working from a file saved on the network instead of locally might be contributing to the problem.

Would love to hear other tips for how to keep my files safe.
Thanks!

Hi tahinicat,

I only had a corrupted file when I was working on a shared project years ago. Not sure if this still happens often but just in case I create a local copy every now and then when working on a shared project.

Generally, autosave option helps a lot so don’t forget to use it as well on a daily basis.

I am currently also using Dropbox for storing the source file which has versioning, so if something happens, I have a backup in place. Have not tried using Google drive but it could be used also in a similar way.

Az

Hi,

I have corrupted files too. Started working with axure yesterday. Unfortunately I can’t reopen any file that have been saved to my hard drive since then. Also on other devices.
Is that a current problem with the latest version of rp8 or am I doing something wrong? Also recovering mode does not work for me.
I got the error message that the file is empty but a on the local hard drive the is shown a size of more than 20 kb.

unlisted #4