Marked Rows?

repeater-widget

Hi guys,

I really stuck here.
You can see the file. Basically I want to move 1 row from 1 repeater into another. I managed to do it but have a problem. I move the row from a button in the row, when I hit it it goes to the other repeater, but have the content of the next row in the initial repeater.
Sorry if this sounds confusing, but please check the file , add some rows and try to move them and you will see what I talk about:)

Thanks guys.

repeater test.rp (68.6 KB)

Hi. Thanks for sharing this. Iā€™m working on a prototype and would like to mark multiple rows then click a button to remove those rows from the first repeater and populate a second with the rows I marked. I have one at a time working now but would appreciate any help with the multiple part. Thanks!

HI Paul,

I am trying to use repeater for selecting images from a carousel, and having their corresponding tags appear when selected, and disappear when not selected.

I am having issues marking these rows without the checkmark? Would you mind taking a look at my file and seeing if there is a way to remove the image tag when deselecting the image checkmark?

Thank you!

repeaterimagecarousel.rp (321 KB)

Take a look at the changed file - You were nearly there, you just needed to mark the right value, before deleting the marked row using a mark rule:

[[Item.Title == ā€˜Pillow xā€™]]

In fact, not done it, BUT, I think you may be able to just delete according to the rule above, which would cut out the extra step.

ahh I cannot thank you enough. You are my axure guru.

Whatā€™s the best way to change the visual style (Highlight) a marked row within a repeater? And to make this a little bit more complex, I need this to be able to mark more than one row.

Basically, check for all rows with a certain column value in the dataset, mark them and highlight them.

Very interesting thread, thank you all.

Just to add another layer of complexity: Has anyone of you tried a ā€˜bulk operationā€™ with moving items from one repeater to another? Iā€™m thinking of something like ā€˜Select items A, B and C from repeater 1 and add three rows with the items A, B and C to repeater 2ā€™.

I can mark multiple rows in the ā€˜sourceā€™ repeater 1, but then I see no way of programmatically inserting multiple rows into the ā€˜targetā€™ repeater 2. ā€˜Add rowā€™ seems to be a manual process, but may thereā€™s a nifty way to loop multiple ā€˜add rowsā€™ for all marked rows in the source.

Thanks for any help/ideas/tips

Cheers,

Jens

[QUOTE=Muensterberg;58213]Just to add another layer of complexity: Has anyone of you tried a ā€˜bulk operationā€™ with moving items from one repeater to another? Iā€™m thinking of something like ā€˜Select items A, B and C from repeater 1 and add three rows with the items A, B and C to repeater 2ā€™.

I can mark multiple rows in the ā€˜sourceā€™ repeater 1, but then I see no way of programmatically inserting multiple rows into the ā€˜targetā€™ repeater 2. ā€˜Add rowā€™ seems to be a manual process, but may thereā€™s a nifty way to loop multiple ā€˜add rowsā€™ for all marked rows in the source.[/QUOTE]

Attached is an example I made a while ago that shows taking variable from page and adding to a repeater on another page. Thereā€™s no reason this couldnā€™t be adapted such that instead of taking values from an input, it grabs values from marked rows of a repeater and adds them to a repeater on the same page.
repeater_across_pages.rp (65.7 KB)

Hi - thanks for the example. However, I have managed to move one item across at a time - no problems there. The interesting bit is when I try to mark a couple of rows (e.g. three rows) from ā€˜sourceā€™ to ā€˜targetā€™, since I have not yet found a way to add a flexible number of rows to a target repeater.

My example uses a loop on to add the bulk rows one by one to the source repeater for exactly the reason you mention.

Ah - cool, sorry I didnā€™t see the looping at first sight. In fact, creating such a loop was what I was looking for. I would just whish Axure had a native support for this, but I reckon I can definitely use you solution for my problem :slight_smile:

Thanks again - Jens

Hi Kip
I got the repeater working but now I have a more complex need. I have two repeaters with lists of professions. One is for an available professions list of all professions. The second, selected professions, only shows the list the ones the user selected from the available selections list.

When the user picks one from the available selections professions, it should be added to the selected professions list and removed from the available professions list. If they remove a selected professions, it should be deleted from the selected professions list and added back into the available professions list.

Since the order of how the professions are displayed is important, I canā€™t just add a row to the bottom of the available professions. I have to display the available profession in the same position it was in originally. Iā€™ve tried having a column in available professions for status, marking the row and updating the value of a status column, but that doesnā€™t work. When I remove a selected profession I donā€™t see it back in my list of available professions.

Hi tallgal,

It looks like this question has received a response in this thread: Changing items in two repeaters

Hello all!

Iā€™m trying to uncheck a row in a repeater based on an OnClick event in another repeaterā€¦ I was able to add/remove a row in RPT_2 upon checking/unchecking a row in RPT_1, however cannot figure out how to do the reverse: Uncheck a row in RPT_1 upon removing a row in RPT_2.

I tried using the same logic of marking rows that contain matching text (a substring in one matching the full text of another), but to no avail.

Any ideas? Please and thank you!!!

howToUncheck.rp (80.8 KB)

Hi btle86,

It looks like you got pretty close. Does it work as expected if you add to the Delete Row action, to also delete marked rows of RPT_1? Hereā€™s a screenshot:

Screenshot | Delete Marked Rows

You may notice that the checkboxes get de-selected when repeater 1 refreshes. One way to address that is to update the repeater dataset (via Update Row) to log the checked selection. Please see the second page of the attached RP for that setup:

howToUncheck_EDIT.rp (136 KB)

On that second page, I also moved the OnSelected and OnUnselected actions to the OnClick of the checkbox, to prevent potential double-selections.

Hope this helps!

Excellent! This is the part that I needed. I assumed that you could just update a marked row, thus resetting the checkboxā€¦ but it looks like it needs a value to update (hence the ā€œcheckedā€ dataset you included) in a particular row to ONLY update that row, otherwise it refreshes the entire repeater.

Thank you!

I still donā€™t completely get the marked row logic. Here is a sample, where Iā€™m trying to monitor the marked row and, consequently, hide an expansion on those which are not marked. But my monitor shows ā€œfalseā€ instead of ā€œtrueā€
accordion.rp (66.1 KB)

Hi nightern,

When a row in a repeater is marked, the change in the ā€œisMarkedā€ status doesnā€™t change until the repeater updates. Currently it looks like your setup marks the row and then immediately tries to change the text on the ā€œmarkedā€ widget to the new ā€œisMarkedā€ state, but because the ā€œisMarkedā€ state doesnā€™t get set to ā€œtrueā€ right away, the value that first gets returned is ā€œfalseā€. You can tweak this behavior by adding an ā€œUpdateā€ action to the end of the OnClick cases on the ā€œmark this rowā€ button so that the repeater refreshes. You can then add two new conditional cases to the repeaterā€™s OnItemLoad event that check the value of [[Item.isMarked]] and sets the text on ā€œmarkedā€ and shows or hides ā€œhideMeā€ accordingly.

A more detailed explanation of how marked rows work can be found in this thread:

Marked Rows are returning false?

Iā€™ve attached a modified version of your file that marks/unmarks the rows, updates the repeater, and then sets text and hides/shows the ā€œhideMeā€ widget during OnItemLoad instead of OnClick. Hopefully this helps!
accordion Edit.rp (70 KB)

ā€œUpdateā€ did it!!! Thanks!

closed #40