Migrating from Windows to Mac - what to expect / consider?

Hi everyone,

I have the option of getting a new work macbook (as a replacement for an older windows one I am using right now). I use Axure a lot, we have many different kinds of interactive prototypes for lots of projects, some rather advanced, high-fidelity prototypes.

A colleague told me that about a year ago he had some major issues opening an Axure file on mac that was creating on windows. Text areas were mis-aligned groups didn’t work and such, some colors were messed up.

Now, since this was a while ago I hope that these things will be fixed. Question now is, if opting for a mac, what should I keep in mind? Will I be able to just seemlessly start working on my windows created files? or should I best take some extra time for migrating each project?
Also not the main point, but good to know: Do I have to get a new license, or can I transfer the windows one?

Maybe someone can share their recent experiences.
Thanks!

Kathrin

Hi Kathrin,

There aren’t any extra steps for migrating projects from Windows to Mac (or vice versa), so you should be able to just open and start working with your current projects on your new Mac. We also haven’t seen any recent reports of issues specifically with opening projects across Windows and Mac machines. If you’d like, you can always save a copy of one of your projects and then try opening that copy on Mac to see if there are any noticeable differences.

As for your licensing question, you won’t need to purchase a new license for your Mac–you’ll be able to use your current license to activate Axure RP on any number of Windows and Mac machines, as long as you’re the only intended user of your license on those machines. You can read more about our policy regarding this under the “Licensing Information” section of our buy page here.

I hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any questions or if you do happen to run into any issues with opening projects across operating systems.

closed #3

unlisted #4