Mobile Preview (with the big shadow dot for finger) is not working/showing in latest update (9.0.0.3617)

I have a couple of small projects going and noticed that on the last update (9.0.0.3617) my preview no longer has the dot to show the finger for touchscreen devices. The prototype I have on Axshare still has it (I haven’t pushed a new update there yet) but all my local previews are missing it as well as any new prototypes I push to Axshare.

Is this a bug, or am I missing a setting someplace? I looked all over and couldn’t find anything. Thanks for the help.

P.S. I couldn’t add a new tag to this topic (wanted to add “touchscreen” “prototype” “preview” etc…but I cannot add new tags. This is likely why hardly any of the posts have tags.

Thanks for reporting this! There isn’t a setting for the touch indicator; it should work automatically whenever you have page dimensions other than “Fit to Content” or “Web” set up on your page (that is, whenever there is a defined height in the page dimensions, indicating that you are designing for a specific device). I tested a few different operating systems/browsers and was able to see the touch indicator in preview in everything that I tried. If you’ve got page dimensions set up in the files you’re looking at, could you please let me know what OS and browser you’re using? Thanks!

Rachel,

I am using the latest version of Safari after upgrading the OS to 10.14 (Mojave). When you mentioned the browser I went over and tested it in Chrome and it works as expected. This seems to be a bug/issue with the new version of Safari to me. The only odd thing is that my older prototypes (created before the recent Axure 9 update) that I have pushed to Axshare do work as expected and show the touch dot.

Thanks for the note about the browser…I can use Chrome for the time being until it is fixed.

This is slightly off topic, but I was hoping to sneak a question in here.

Is it possible to change the default background color of the browser around the prototype screen? I am working on a small TFT project that is only 272x480. I was hoping to change the grey color that surrounds the screen to black, rather than the default grey when I preview it in the browser on an iPad. Is that possible?

Hi atimefordesign!

I was able to reproduce the same mobile cursor issue on our machines running 10.13.6 and 10.14, specifically with the Safari browser, and I’ve filed this as a bug with our QA team. As you’ve found, the workaround for the time being would be to use a different browser other than Safari (e.g. Chrome, Firefox).

As for changing the grey background color around the prototype screen, this isn’t currently possible, but I’ll file a feature request for this with our designated teams on your behalf. :slight_smile:

1 Like